User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve also been following this fiasco for a while now and from everything I’ve read, GM for the most part, really stepped up on covering repai costs for owners. Ford on the other hand has been just the opposite putting the blame back onto the owners citing lack of filter maintenance or poor fuel quality. The later being hard to dispute as dealerships sampled (allegedly) the fuel out of the purview of the owner. As word spread on the Ford forums about warranty denial, some were smart enough to insist on being present when fuel sampling was done and some further requested a 2nd sample so the customer could send it out for an unbiased test.
    It still baffles me why Ram changed to the CP4 in ‘19 as by then it was very common knowledge all the problems Ford and GM had with this pump. Anyone being informed about the pump would be well advised to stay away on any used 19 and 20 Rams for sale. The costs to repair the damage after a pump lets go is astronomical and with the parts shortages one’s truck could be out of service for several weeks.
    Last edited by minnow101; 10-20-2021 at 05:27 AM.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattShan View Post
    Mine went out Saturday on Interstate 70. Pulling my Momentum loaded. 2020. 3500 DW. 28,000 miles. Complete fuel system replacement needed. I’m a full timer. Don’t know if they can get parts. Thank goodness a have a brother that has something that I can use for awhile. Inexcusable in a $70,000 truck. At least it’s still under warranty.
    You should let us know how the dealer treated you on this issue and what they came up with as for the reason. If they requested records of fuel filter change and receipts for such. I just wanted to know what bullets they will use against me if it happens to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update from my previous post. Picked up my repaired RAM 2020 3500 from the CP4 pump failure. Took exactly 3 weeks. Updated CP4 installed along with new injectors and lift pump. Fuel filters front and rear replaced. No metal in the fuel tank. Drove it ~300 miles today. So far, so good. Thank you Paul at Briggs RAM in Topeka. No charge under warranty. Repair was just under $4,000 ($3,000 parts and $1,000 labor on invoice)
    Last edited by MattShan; 11-05-2021 at 08:03 PM.
    Matt
    2021 Momentum 376THS FW
    2020 Ram 3500 HO Cummins DRW LB
    B&W Companion 25K Splendide Washer and Dryer Separate DV6400X

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear your back on the road.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380