User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the electrical plugs GFCI?

I have a 2014 303RLS that I purchased used last February and plan on doing more camping this winter and just purchased a heated hose for those rare occasions it dips below freezing.
    My question is about the 2 electrical plugs mounted on the port side (Away from the door) that are inside the storage above the water control panel. They are not marked GFCI but the plug outlet on the starboard side (door side) is marked GFCI. I don't know if the little GFCI sticker had fallen off with the original owner or if it isn't GFCI to begin with and may not be safe for a heated hose.

Any suggestions?

For you electricians out there, is there a way to check?

Regards,

Best Papa

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s likely protected by the internal GFCI...but with a used rig you never know. Plug a light or radio into the outlet and push the test button on the GFCIs inside and see if it goes off.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Idea. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 120VAC outlets in the RV are protected by a GFCI - typically found as part of the bathroom outlet and, sometimes, a second outlet in the kitchen. You can test trip the GFCI outlet(s) that you find and determine which of the other AC outlets are on that particular GFCI circuit.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 12-23-2020 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Correct a typo
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This simple $10 tool is a must have for me. It checks outlets are live and properly wired and allows to verify GFCI is working properly.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-To...T210/206517824
    or here
    https://www.amazon.com/Receptacle-Te...8764635&sr=8-9
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips to all of you. I have one of those testers in the house that will now go into the 5th wheel. I tested the outlet like John and Kathy suggested and it is indeed GFCI so I noted it with a sharpie should someone else wonder.

Thanks again to you all and a Very Merry Christmas!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,
    A personal question. I see your US map and my son in law just bought us one and was wondering. Do you post the state when you travel there or just camp? I've gotten opinions on both sides of discussion. Obviously you can't drive to HI. At least not yet, LOL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Papa View Post
    Rob,
    A personal question. I see your US map and my son in law just bought us one and was wondering. Do you post the state when you travel there or just camp? I've gotten opinions on both sides of discussion. Obviously you can't drive to HI. At least not yet, LOL
    I would like to know this also. Should I count states I traveled to or through in my car, motorcycles or previous Rv's? Just curious what others do.
    2020 Solitude 310GKR
    2003 F350 PSD

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennesseepowerstroke View Post
    I would like to know this also. Should I count states I traveled to or through in my car, motorcycles or previous Rv's? Just curious what others do.
    For us, we must camp in the state to add it. For others just traveling through counts. It's up to you how you work it.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Papa View Post
    Rob,
    Forum hint: I just stumbled across this. You can use the "Reply With Quote" (Next to Repl) as I have done here and the person you're addressing with get a notification. You can also tag folks by using the "@" symbol and their user name: @Best Papa, which will also generate a notification.

Now, as to the map... everyone has their own way of doing things. I don't add a state to the map unless we've stayed there in the RV. I think the map in my signature is too small to see, but we've only driven through Rhode Island - didn't stay there - so it's not colored in. Oh... we don't "camp." As full-timers, we like our creature comforts and it's probably more descriptive to refer to it as "glamping."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast