Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21g tie down location

Just got a 21g toy hauler. Size by side fits in garage, but tie downs are in wrong location. How hard or they to relocate?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same model. I don't know how hard it is but I do know you shouldn't take this lightly. The tie downs are attached to structure and engineered for a weight rating. Wrong placement/attachment hardware and your toy may come loose and destroy the kitchenette in transit. I'd say get creative with what you have and make it work.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have seen, the tie downs are rated at 2500 lbs but have a working load of 400lbs. That doesn’t make much sense. I need two installed , one just outside the bedroom door and one by the front door kind of forward of the entertainment center.just don’t know what’s under there.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhat different but still relevant, I haul my sxs in a 381M and installed the e-track tie down rails, I friggin love it and makes tying it, or anything, down so easy with all the options.

I through-bolted it to the I-beam frame too so it’s not going anywhere, I trust it more than the factory d-rings now that I’ve seen how they are actually installed. Not that they’re horrible, but a screw will never beat through-bolting haha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3769.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	31520
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge