User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500RL and use an F250 and tow with our fresh water tank full to have ballast.

We had an F150 when we bought the 2500RL but having the wind push us around was unnerving. We decided to order an F250. The tail wagging the dog lessened considerably with the new truck but was still a problem. Someone on this site suggested filling the fresh water tank so it would provide ballast and it worked! No more problem. Did we need the F250? Yes, we were at our weight limit before filling the fresh water tank. It is now a good tow. As far as comparing to a Chevy I can't say but we have had the F250 for two years now and have had no problems whatsoever. Good luck!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have the same TT ( ours is a 2400BH) but we did upgrade from a 2015 Silverado 1500 w/5.3L to a 2020 GMC 2500 6.6L gas and LOVE IT!!!! Payload is adequate at 3265 (door sticker) and a big improvement vs a 1/2 ton. This set-up works great for us being we are "weekend warriors" and I'm sure your going to love the truck as well!!! Congrats and safe travels!!!!!
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgunter5 View Post
    We don't have the same TT ( ours is a 2400BH) but we did upgrade from a 2015 Silverado 1500 w/5.3L to a 2020 GMC 2500 6.6L gas and LOVE IT!!!! Payload is adequate at 3265 (door sticker) and a big improvement vs a 1/2 ton. This set-up works great for us being we are "weekend warriors" and I'm sure your going to love the truck as well!!! Congrats and safe travels!!!!!
    Tgunter5?

I am pulling a GD 2600RB with a half-ton and recently started looking at the 2500 HD Sierra (AT4 Gasser). I thought I would definitely go with the New Powerboost Full Hybrid but the payload numbers are not good from what I am seeing. What are you getting for mpg's towing your Rv and also driving around unloaed ? (No Rv)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go with the GMC

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamas1963 View Post
    We are proud owners of a new 2600rb and pulled it home last week from dealer with my 2019 GMC 1500SLT. My wife is wanting to try travel nursing for us to explore the US and Canada. I’m not feeling safe and confident with the 1500 and looking at the new Ford 250 and GMC 2500. There is a possibility if we enjoy this i could see possibly switching to a fifth wheel but nothing overly large. Wanted thoughts and opinions of others to help this decision.
    We looked at both the Ford F350 and the Chevrolet 3500. I'm sure they're both good trucks but I finally chose the Chevy. It was much quieter inside the cabin and the fit and finish was better than the Ford. Since we've only got 6K miles on it I can't speak to the dependability but so far I really like the truck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    Tgunter5?

I am pulling a GD 2600RB with a half-ton and recently started looking at the 2500 HD Sierra (AT4 Gasser). I thought I would definitely go with the New Powerboost Full Hybrid but the payload numbers are not good from what I am seeing. What are you getting for mpg's towing your Rv and also driving around unloaed ? (No Rv)
    Towing our trailer at 65MPH I'm getting around 8.5 MPG. (have only done 2 short trips thus far) Unloaded I tend to have a heavy foot and do alot of city driving so its in the 10-12 MPG range unloaded. I put slightly oversized BFG AT's on it right after purchase so I'm sure that didn't help much. But I LOVE the aggresive look it has :-)
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the advice. We were not sure of the mattress and wasn’t sure if adding a 3” foam topper would do the trick as we have one in the box never used or to get a new mattress? We thought of bringing into house as its a bit chilly right now in Michigan to test it out. Looking forward to the spring when we can get started after taking a breather on our beautiful beaches of Grand Bahama!!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I will post after we get started how things are going. I think it will be a great way to explore our beautiful United States and really see areas more in depth. Looking forward to getting to Alaska in the warmer months for sure and maybe a stop in Hawaii but of course the RV wont quite make it there! LOL I have built homes my entire life and thought maybe i could do some handyman projects at campgrounds possibly and also have a few things i am able to do online while she is working. When not working lots of hiking and exploring. It’ll be different but pretty excited to get started.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234