Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Truck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truck

I have a reflection 337rls and just bought a Ram 3/4 ton, hope this is a big enough trk. It does have a diesel

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you asking a question? Just having a diesel motor doesn't mean a particular truck is up to the task of towing a certain fifth wheel. With fifth wheel RVs, it's all about payload. Having spent 4-1/2 years full-time in a 337, I can tell you that, when loaded, it's likely to put around 3,000 lbs. on the pin. Does your truck have that kind of payload after the weight of the hitch, occupants and fuel are subtracted?

http://changingears.com/rv-sec-calc-...eight-fw.shtml

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathdr View Post
    I have a reflection 337rls and just bought a Ram 3/4 ton, hope this is a big enough trk. It does have a diesel
    Congrats to you sir!!!
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post your door sticker payload number and you will have your answer. My quests is no, your 3/4 ton Ram truck and a 337 is a rolling train wreck.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That rig has a gvwr of basically 14k. IMHO that is right on the cusp between 1 ton srw and dually.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a fellow 337RLS owner I get to stick my 2 cents worth in as well, surely.
    As others have pointed out it's not only about how much the truck can pull (i.e. "tow") - it's also about how much the truck can carry (it's payload).

Don't go to Internet sites that list the capabilities of the truck .. those numbers are based on the average example and many times stated with an eye toward sales rather than providing accurate guidance.
    You can answer the question about suitability of your tow vehicle yourself. Inside the driver's door are two stickers .. the one you're looking for is the tire/loading sticker that tells you the maximum payload for your exact truck ... calculated based on the axles, trim, bells, and whistles of your worthwhile road beast. The total payload of the truck is calculated by adding together the combined weights of; the passengers; all the other luggage and useful stuff we cram into the cab of the truck; the fifth-wheel hitch system, which rides in the bed; and, of course, the hitch weight of the fifth wheel itself.

The only sure way of determining the hitch weight for your trailer is to take it to a weighing station once you have it all loaded for travel. The 337RLS carries an advertised EMPTY hitch weight of just over 2,000 pounds - again, that's the "advertised" weight based on a trailer that is only ready for you to take home and begin stuffing things into the garage and forward storage area.

One last word is that you should ALWAYS leave some "lee-way" in your payload - anywhere from 15-20%. So for example let's say your truck has a maximum payload of 3,000 pounds. You would want the total of your actual payload to be no more than 2,400 to 2,500 pounds. I remember that when I and SWMBO were considering tow vehicles we found one that would seem to meet our needs but would require us traveling naked in order to avoid overloading the truck. (Sadly the Missus did not accept this solution so we looked for a different tow vehicle.)
    Pam and Doug
    2017 F350 (the Dragon) with 2015 GD Ref 337RLS (the Dragon's Tail)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please post a photo of your door sticker on truck
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper