User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One the front of the touchpad their is a very small hole to reset the system. After that it's much faster. I need to do this every trip. Sometimes on a 10 day trip I need to do it again after about a week. The guy at Lippert told me how to do this. Works a lot faster after reset but still slower than switches and thermostats.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the thing you have circled is correct, but I'm really not sure what the external antenna looks like. Take a look around your rig for the router. On mine, it was on top of the cabinets, but they can be in a few places. If you have the same system I do, you should have 3 boxes there.

Here's the thread where I detail everything. There are some pictures in there of the stuff you're looking for.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-WITH-NEW-PLAN

Can you move that unlimited data plan to a new device, or is it tied to your phone? If it's the first, you can move it to the ConnecT, put the SIM in there and you'll be ready to go. If it's tied to your phone, you can have the ConnecT connect to your phone's hotspot and rebroadcast that inside the rig. It's nicer if the SIM is in the ConnecT though, that'll get you the external antennas and it's just easier to deal with.

Take a read through that thread and see if helps answer some questions. Let me know if there are things that aren't clear and we can start to get a plan pulled together to meet your needs. This wasn't very expensive, the ConnecT was about 400 bucks, and outside of the phone plan (which you already have) that was basically the only expense. It works fantastic, full control of the rig over the Internet plus good Internet while traveling and the ability to "bridge" to external WiFi (when your in a park, for example) so you can get better speeds/not use cellular data. Everything on a single SSID, so you don't need to reconfigure everything as you move between Internet sources. It's a good system for minimal cost; if you want to go "up" better are available (Pepwave), but the cost and complexity do increase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overtaxed, thanks again! I'll check out your thread and will be going to the storage barn later today and will look for the router. The Wineguard 360+ is the antenna and is the round black thing shown in the picture forward and right of the solar panel. https://winegard.com/products/hdtv-d...360-plus-black
    We will check into our Verizon plan to see if we can move it to a new device such as the ConnecT you mention. I'll get back to you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails InkedGH_LI.jpg  
    My dream job is a combination of American Pickers and Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives
    2020 Ford F-350 Lariat 4X4 DRW with B&W 25K Companion, Air Lift 7500XL
    2021 Momentum 376THS-R, Solar, Rockford Fosgate, Stackable W/D
    2012 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I think the thing you have circled is correct, but I'm really not sure what the external antenna looks like. Take a look around your rig for the router. On mine, it was on top of the cabinets, but they can be in a few places. If you have the same system I do, you should have 3 boxes there.

Here's the thread where I detail everything. There are some pictures in there of the stuff you're looking for.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-WITH-NEW-PLAN

Can you move that unlimited data plan to a new device, or is it tied to your phone? If it's the first, you can move it to the ConnecT, put the SIM in there and you'll be ready to go. If it's tied to your phone, you can have the ConnecT connect to your phone's hotspot and rebroadcast that inside the rig. It's nicer if the SIM is in the ConnecT though, that'll get you the external antennas and it's just easier to deal with.

Take a read through that thread and see if helps answer some questions. Let me know if there are things that aren't clear and we can start to get a plan pulled together to meet your needs. This wasn't very expensive, the ConnecT was about 400 bucks, and outside of the phone plan (which you already have) that was basically the only expense. It works fantastic, full control of the rig over the Internet plus good Internet while traveling and the ability to "bridge" to external WiFi (when your in a park, for example) so you can get better speeds/not use cellular data. Everything on a single SSID, so you don't need to reconfigure everything as you move between Internet sources. It's a good system for minimal cost; if you want to go "up" better are available (Pepwave), but the cost and complexity do increase.
    Overtaxed, I did read the thread you shared and can see that you are the right person for me to be talking to! I haven't had a chance to talk to Verizon yet, but did do some research on "ConnecT" and found that this appears to be a name used on a few Wineguard products. Can you tell me which one you are talking about? One of the products Connect 2.0 appears to replace the Wineguard Air 360+ that I already have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since posting yesterday, I have learned a couple things: 1) I think my Wineguard Air 360+ is just a later version of the 2.0 antenna device. I did some more reading about the Gateway 4G LTE WiFi router and thinking that may be a good way for me to go. This router integrates easily with my 360+ and should also work with my current Verizon plan. 2) I confirmed with Verizon that I can get a SIM card to access my unlimited data plan, but they will charge me $20/month for the device being added to my plan.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AtwellOTR View Post
    Since posting yesterday, I have learned a couple things: 1) I think my Wineguard Air 360+ is just a later version of the 2.0 antenna device. I did some more reading about the Gateway 4G LTE WiFi router and thinking that may be a good way for me to go. This router integrates easily with my 360+ and should also work with my current Verizon plan. 2) I confirmed with Verizon that I can get a SIM card to access my unlimited data plan, but they will charge me $20/month for the device being added to my plan.
    This is the setup we’ve installed and works quite well for us.
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Scott View Post
    This is the setup we’ve installed and works quite well for us.
    Thanks. Do you guys stream shows from Netflix etc with this set up?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Do you guys stream shows from Netflix etc with this set up?
    Yes sir, works very well. We have a dish traveler so we use it for the majority of our TV watching. Main reason for adding the gateway was easy connection for our work computers.
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone. Cross posting this here as I posted earlier to the General Discussion catagory. We just took delivery of our new 2021 376THS-R yesterday and super happy with it! Our dealer let us stay in their campground for a couple nights and we noticed that the One Control panel is sometimes really slow to react to touch. Also it seems like the app on my iPhone takes longer than expected to BT connect and show devices online. Just wondering if anyone can advise if these things are normal? Thanks.
    I haven’t found the app on the iPhone to be overly slow, but the One control in the bay is sometimes slow to react when using the leveling function. I haven’t tried the phone for these functions to see if the speed is any different. We have only used the app to turn lights on and off and it seems to work fine. I will try the phone the next time I move the slides or level and see if it is any different from the phone than from the panel.
    Last edited by 50ST8R; 01-02-2021 at 03:32 PM.
    Kevin and Deb. 50ST8R
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 Diesel Platinum Edition

[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    One the front of the touchpad their is a very small hole to reset the system. After that it's much faster. I need to do this every trip. Sometimes on a 10 day trip I need to do it again after about a week. The guy at Lippert told me how to do this. Works a lot faster after reset but still slower than switches and thermostats.
    After you reset your One Control do you have to reset/reconfigure the level or does it keep its memory?
    2020 3500 SRW GMC AT4
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast