User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One Control Panel and App Question

Hi everyone. Cross posting this here as I posted earlier to the General Discussion catagory. We just took delivery of our new 2021 376THS-R yesterday and super happy with it! Our dealer let us stay in their campground for a couple nights and we noticed that the One Control panel is sometimes really slow to react to touch. Also it seems like the app on my iPhone takes longer than expected to BT connect and show devices online. Just wondering if anyone can advise if these things are normal? Thanks.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, again. A subject should only be posted in one place... since your post in the other sub-forum had no replies, I deleted it and left this one here (it's in the proper sub-forum).

We don't have the One Control system in our Solitude, so I'll have to leave answering your question to someone who knows about that stuff.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it, thanks! I'll get the swing of this yet!
    My dream job is a combination of American Pickers and Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives
    2020 Ford F-350 Lariat 4X4 DRW with B&W 25K Companion, Air Lift 7500XL
    2021 Momentum 376THS-R, Solar, Rockford Fosgate, Stackable W/D
    2012 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the One Control system on my Momentum, but my trailer is a 2018 model, so mine does NOT have the Bluetooth ability....just WiFi connection. So obviously I cannot answer anything about B.T. connection delays or operation, but the WiFi portion of it does take a few seconds to connect from the time I enter the password on my phone app, until it connects. As far as the actual tablet screen display in the trailer itself, some days it seems to take a few seconds, once you turn it on, to "boot up" and all the icons display, but as far as the actual operation of a device after you push the icon, that is pretty quick. I wouldn't say instantaneous, but probably in milli-seconds.....so fairly quick. The app is pretty much the same way, as far as the actual operation of a device, and again, this is with WiFi, not B.T. Hope this helps.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks xrated. I've not tried connecting to WiFi yet, just working on the BT connection and familiarizing myself with operations. I'll sometimes push the function on the panel touch screen several times before it responds. The app works great, but just seems to take a while to connect once I open it on my phone. All "first world" problems (lol), but just trying to make sure I'm not missing something.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have the ipad thing in mine, just the app and the control panel in the pass thru. On my app, the only thing that happens quick is the lights. Everything else has a 1 or 2 second delay. I think it is a safety feature since you could be activating it in your pocket. Maybe?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our touch screen in the rig on a 2019 351M is very, very slow too. I very rarely use it, I use the phone app via WiFi 99% of the time. That's very responsive and easy to use, at least 10X the speed of the screen in the rig. Sadly, I think what you're experiencing is normal. Do you have to connect with BT, or does your setup have WiFi too? I'd try that, BT is a low speed protocol, there really shouldn't be that much data transferred, but, who knows. The app is written by Luddites, it's awful.. But better than the touch panel, so; well, pick your poison. To be fair, the app is OK locally controlling the RV via WiFi, it's just a terrible app if you're trying to control it remotely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Overtaxed. I've not set up a WiFi data account for the RV yet, but your comments are encouraging me to look into that. I'm guessing there is likely a thread on here somewhere about data plans? Do you have a recommendation?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AtwellOTR View Post
    Thanks Overtaxed. I've not set up a WiFi data account for the RV yet, but your comments are encouraging me to look into that. I'm guessing there is likely a thread on here somewhere about data plans? Do you have a recommendation?
    First, if you're planning to use any significant amount of data and/or want anything beyond remote control of your RV, don't bother setting up the data plan. The plans offered with the the OneControl system are bordering on a mugging they are so poorly priced.

I have a Togo right now, and that's been great, but I have an old/no longer available plan. The new plan offered is poor, and I'll be moving to something new in Jan (still using the same hardware, just with a different provider). For my data usage, my best option is adding a hotspot on my existing Verizon plan, it's pretty inexpensive and it gives a reasonable amount of data per month.

If you need unlimited Internet (lot of streaming, for example), there are resellers out there that have the plans, usually around 70-100/mo. You'll still need hardware to use that; the easy option is a ConnecT from Winguard; the best option is something from Pepwave where you can add antennas/multiple SIMs/etc.

It's a broad topic, let's start with "what are you needs" and "who's your existing provider" and I/others might be able to make some recommendations. Also, what level of technical experience do you have? This stuff quickly gets into an IT rathole, and you don't understand things like IP addressing/routing, it can get pretty complicated. Sucks, there really should be an "easy/reasonable cost" option. And there was, the Togo was exactly that, 365/yr, unlimited data plan, with a 400 dollar decent hardware device. Not as good as a Pepwave, but a whole lot easier and more accessible to most without needing to delve into the networking and cell plan pricing craziness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again Overtaxed. We have an unlimited Verizon data/cell plan and have used our phones as hot spots on occasion. We surely will appreciate advice for how to accomplish the connectivity we want. In addition to typical email etc, we will do some Netflix etc type streaming. We don't typically need to download any large files like movies or music albums. Our 376 has a Wineguard 360+ and it also has a two pronged antenna (see attached pic) near the solar panel that I believe has something to do with the OneControl Connect Anywhere system. It sounds like a separate hot spot device is something we should do. I've also read about people adding routers and adding the Wineguard Gateway? Am I correct in assuming that if I have the hot spot device tied to my plan, I don't need the additional Gateway and associated plan? You are right....I wish someone could make this easy for us! Thanks in advance for any advice for us newbs!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails InkedGH_LI.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast