User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Dont forget to check your lug nut torque after about 50 miles after your wheel bearing service.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I get that, checking lug nuts. But the wheel bearing service I typically don't do until 5000 miles. Am I missing something?
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    I get that, checking lug nuts. But the wheel bearing service I typically don't do until 5000 miles. Am I missing something?
    Its always recommended to check the lug nut torque sometime after you remove a wheel. To service wheel bearings you need to remove the wheel.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

Since we head home in 50 days, and we live in our RV here in TX during winter, we are waiting to get home to have Glacier RV do the warranty work BUT....the parts came in except the fireplace (GD needs a diagnosis)

Issue 1: Fireplace worked during walk thru and worked once at "home" at our winter campground. E3 error since then. Unplugged, as manual suggested, and plugged back in. Still E3.
    Will have Glacier RV in home state MT do the warranty work in MT

Issue 2: Bedroom door will not close without lifting up to engage the latch.
    Fixed it myself by re-drilling and lowering the door latch

Issue 3: Known issue during walk thru, MaxxAir air vent fan is noisy, REALLY noisy. Then ceased to work at all once "home" at RV sight.
    Got the parts, will have my Glacier RV guy in MT do the work.

Issue 4: Known Issue during walk thru, one blind was 12" too short to closing completely.
    GD sent the same 38" blind, too short for the longer window on the dining room slide out.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been 1 year today that we took delivery. I just wanted to share our experiences.

We are very happy with this RV overall. We have about 8,500 miles on it. The summary are some nuances but certainly things we can live with.

I'm 6'1" and it seems my elbows are always bumping the shower doors when they are closed. It's easy enough to open them though.

The shower door "wipers" don't wipe at all. We still use a window wipe blade to remove the water after a shower.

The shower door latch has popped open on several occasions. A big rubber band securing it fixes this issue.

The forward starboard extended gutter spout tends to discard the water from roof directly on the awning. I'll fix that soon 1" tube that will extend it beyond and forward of the awning. It will be another check list item I'll have to remove before "flight".

A 1/2 board is used between the floor and the slide base board when traveling as there is some movement, wobble, of the Fridge when the slide is closed. This is a piece of mind fix.

On two occasions, the starboard bedroom emergency exit window has loosened and come open during travel. Walk arounds at every stop has prevented any damage that could have happened had we not seen it. Again, a heavy rubber band prevents this from happening.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    File or use a Dremel tool to remove some of the bottom edge of the receiver plate in the door frame.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-5 pound ABC extinguisher is VERY smart. Also! It's not cheap..but consider a 2-1/2 Lb. Halon Gas type extinguisher in the kitchen area. ABC powder is corrosive, sticks to hot surfaces, and destroys electrical components (Corrosive). BC extinguishers are messy. Halon is NO CLEAN UP!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotsteve9 View Post
    4-5 pound ABC extinguisher is VERY smart. Also! It's not cheap..but consider a 2-1/2 Lb. Halon Gas type extinguisher in the kitchen area. ABC powder is corrosive, sticks to hot surfaces, and destroys electrical components (Corrosive). BC extinguishers are messy. Halon is NO CLEAN UP!
    Isn't Halon a now banned substance due to it being an ozone depleting agent?

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Isn't Halon a now banned substance due to it being an ozone depleting agent?

From what I can find, it is not banned, but there is no new production of halon gas. Current supplies are from existing stocks or recycled gas. Apparently, halon fire suppression systems are still a requirement in some aviation settings (likely why @pilotsteve9 is familiar with them).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Second Chance is correct. They just stopped manufacturing Halon. To that end they did not mandate elimination of existing systems or equipment. You could at great expense buy a used Halon extinguisher. They are expensive.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    Some upgrades after 3 week;
    Added a new 10" mattress, took the stock mattress to the dump!
    added a hand rail to the interior of the screen door
    added plexiglass to the lower portion of screen door so labs don't bump then snouts against the screen door
    added a Maxxair cover to bathroom vent. (This should come standard with today's RV, such an inexpensive item that allows you to keep the vent open during rain)
    added fastener D-ring tie down to basement to strap our On The Go bottle down before traveling.
    added buckhorn storage containers to basement-32x15x7.5" This really helps keep things organized down there.
    added a 4 lb ABC fire extinguisher, behind kitchen chair, bigger is better when it comes to fire extinguishers!
    added extra large sofa slip cover (MIghty Monkey) to sofa, keeps the dog hair contained. we have 2 labs.
    added Anderson trailer jack magnetic blocks, obviously 6 of them.

That's it for now.
    We plan to added a TV that swings DOWN from the roof of the basement when we get home in April.
    Can you get to the fire extinguisher when the slide out is closed.
    By the way I see you have the same rig I do. Check out my fallen island syndrome in the Solitude interior section.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast