User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Solitude 310GK-R issues, day 5

Not as bad as I expected considering modern day 5th wheels and piss poor quality control in this day and age.

Issue 1: Fireplace worked during walk thru and worked once at "home" at our winter campground. E3 error since then. Unplugged, as manual suggested, and plugged back in. Still E3.

Issue 2: Bedroom door will not close without lifting up to engage the latch.

Issue 3: Known issue during walk thru, MaxxAir air vent fan is noisy, REALLY noisy. Then ceased to work at all once "home" at RV sight.

Issue 4: Known Issue during walk thru, one blind was 12" too short to closing completely.

Dealer ordered parts for issue 3 and 4 before we left the lot.

We live in this full time here in TX in winter but plan to drop it off for a 48 hr period for warranty repair when we head to San Antonio for an Air Force Cadet graduation in Jan.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some upgrades after 3 week;
    Added a new 10" mattress, took the stock mattress to the dump!
    added a hand rail to the interior of the screen door
    added plexiglass to the lower portion of screen door so labs don't bump then snouts against the screen door
    added a Maxxair cover to bathroom vent. (This should come standard with today's RV, such an inexpensive item that allows you to keep the vent open during rain)
    added fastener D-ring tie down to basement to strap our On The Go bottle down before traveling.
    added buckhorn storage containers to basement-32x15x7.5" This really helps keep things organized down there.
    added a 4 lb ABC fire extinguisher, behind kitchen chair, bigger is better when it comes to fire extinguishers!
    added extra large sofa slip cover (MIghty Monkey) to sofa, keeps the dog hair contained. we have 2 labs.
    added Anderson trailer jack magnetic blocks, obviously 6 of them.

That's it for now.
    We plan to added a TV that swings DOWN from the roof of the basement when we get home in April.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    We live in this full time here in TX in winter but plan to drop it off for a 48 hr period for warranty repair when we head to San Antonio for an Air Force Cadet graduation in Jan.
    Sounds like you're having fun... do you wanna come to Canada to look after a few things on our trailer?

There seem to be a few good dealers around but there are many bad ones so I'll toss you the advice that the 48-hour warranty repair plan might get stretched and you may be spending more time in the area. Hope I'm wrong but you could become very familiar with the Alamo and the string of missions south of it, and the river walk area.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sportsdad60 glad you've got a service appointment, mine goes in my selling dealers shop next week for 2 minor repairs and a wheel bearing replacement service. They promised me 2 day turnaround as well even though they're slammed. I just wanted them serviced for my trip to Disney in April but they replace as part of the service. I think it's all about building a good relationship with a dealer and even referring them business. It makes a world of difference. Send me a PM if you want dealer info.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you getting the mount for the tv that swings down?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon. Search for swing down TV mount

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    Where are you getting the mount for the tv that swings down?
    A good source for TV Wall Mounts that I have used in the past is monoprice.com. Good quality and great prices! Select 'Product Finders' then 'Wall Mount Finders'.

https://www.monoprice.com/
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks. I’m trying to find something to mount my outdoor tv. I found a suction cup set up that has good reviews, i like that is is moveable and not permanent

not sure if mounting a bracket in the pass thru will be sturdy enough. I need to look and see if the is a stud to mount it on.

Anyone have other ideas for an outdoor mount.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Sportsdad60 glad you've got a service appointment, mine goes in my selling dealers shop next week for 2 minor repairs and a wheel bearing replacement service. They promised me 2 day turnaround as well even though they're slammed. I just wanted them serviced for my trip to Disney in April but they replace as part of the service. I think it's all about building a good relationship with a dealer and even referring them business. It makes a world of difference. Send me a PM if you want dealer info.
    Dont forget to check your lug nut torque after about 50 miles after your wheel bearing service.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Dont forget to check your lug nut torque after about 50 miles after your wheel bearing service.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Good advice and thank you! I have my trusty torque wrench already in the truck.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast