User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    I enjoy westerns and have exhausted the online source from our local library. I would prefer a free download but at this point I'm willing to pay a subscription like prime or something else.

Whatchagot?

Thanks Red.
    Try booksends.com you put in your interests and you get a couple of free books a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I subscribe to BookBub...
    You fill out a preference form, and they send you an email in the morning with deals on ebooks from all the big (Amazon, apple, google, etc) distributors...

Some are free, some are for only $1 or $2...
    Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes the jerks hook you into a series because the freebie is so good and you have to buy the sequels...

If the freebies are lousy, you don't feel bad deleting them. If they're good, that's okay too...

I get enough freebies to keep me busy reading when I want to...

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
    2021 Transcend 261bh
    2021 Ford F-150 3.5eb

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Libby works great in Canada too!

Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I use an app called Libby, you can link it to any public library that you are a member of. I've found it's best to register at the Brooklyn public library, its $50/year for non-residents and you can register online. I picked that one because they have a very large selection compared to some other libraries I've tried. Libby does e-books and audio books.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I use Libby connected to a couple of Libraries in British Columbia.
    2020 Momentum 25G
    2011 RAM 2500 4x4 Megacab 6.7 Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great topic. Thanks all for your input. We have Amazon prime, but not the book subscription. I have a kindle and used it for a while a few years back. Out of those books that were available for free, I found several good books. A good share, however, were duds. I figured you get what you pay for and I went back to paper copies. They are getting harder and harder to find and can be spendy. If I paid for the subscription, would it be a whole new experience? Quality books and authors?
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Very true. We just read way to much to rely on Prime alone.
    Don’t forget that there are a wide variety of ways of getting free Kindle books with Prime: each month you get one or two of their selection (these stay in your library); then there are the Prime Readers (these need reading when you download as you must return them (delete them)); then there are the Amazon Charts which have the top 100 free books (these you keep). When you see any of the monthly selection or the free charts that you fancy buy them (for nothing) and they stay in your library forever, they may not be free even in a few hours time!
    Plus sometimes, just buy a book and spend money...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtate View Post
    I subscribe to BookBub...
    You fill out a preference form, and they send you an email in the morning with deals on ebooks from all the big (Amazon, apple, google, etc) distributors...

Some are free, some are for only $1 or $2...
    Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes the jerks hook you into a series because the freebie is so good and you have to buy the sequels...

If the freebies are lousy, you don't feel bad deleting them. If they're good, that's okay too...

I get enough freebies to keep me busy reading when I want to...

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
    Me too. You subscribe for the genre you are interested in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopperud View Post
    Check out Nelson DeMille and the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child. The Longmire series by Craig Johnson is also well worth a read.
    Travis McGee series by John D McDonald. Not western, but excellent writing. Lee Child does the forward in all the new editions.

Also, The Last Odyssey by Lee Rollins. A real page turner.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiejack75 View Post
    Travis McGee series by John D McDonald. Not western, but excellent writing. Lee Child does the forward in all the new editions.

Also, The Last Odyssey by Lee Rollins. A real page turner.
    Just to add my 2 cents. Unlimited not worth it. Better stuff on Libby and regular prime. Would also add that if you like listening to audiobooks Audible is a great deal.

As far as additional authors - I would add James Lee Burke and Stephen Hunter - some westerns tossed in there and also damn good authors.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subscribe to some of the daily free book emails like BookBub and Fussy Librarian. Fussy has one newsletter that only does free books, both have mostly low cost books. With both you can check off your interests and only get those topics. In a lot of cases the free books are the first in a series where the author is trying to hook you into paying for the rest. I know, my daughter is doing just that with her latest series.
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast