User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    .... it could be a natural or manmade disaster as well.

I just have no idea where, in short notice, I would go to be relatively safe and secure.
    I guess it would come down to whether you are trying to get away from a natural disaster or.....people.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    No way would I leave your Victor, NY area and go to DC on Jan 6th.

Do you really think that there’s a significant chance of civil unrest?

We have a vacation cabin in a remote area of Florida that’s a gated community. We’ve actually been staying there 90% of the time since the pandemic hit. It’s a hunt and riding club and almost everyone has a good selection of hunting armament. There are different political views at the community but I’m not concerned that anyone would be at risk. We differ in political views but we all get along.

Of course I don’t do social media so my blood pressure is normal. My BIL in NC on the other scares me with his comments. In fact he recently sent me this picture he took from his car of another truck in a local parking lot.

I don't know of course, and I don't really want to get into political arguments that no one wins. But I'm seeing a lot of angst on BOTH sides of the political spectrum -- with the riots and looting this past summer to the cries of electoral fraud after Nov 3. Whether either side is right or wrong, good or evil, left or right doesn't matter. Tempers are heated and whether Biden or Trump is inaugurated, there will be a large part of the population that is very unhappy. So unhappy that things could become physical in a hurry. It doesn't have to happen in your own neighborhood to affect you -- roads could be shut down, electricity lines severed, water supplies compromised... who knows. Being a former Boy Scout, I always try to Be Prepared.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our escape plan is our 35 foot sailboat on the Chesapeake.

I am in the DC area and was working in the US Capitol on 9/11. We saw the fire from the airplane which hit the Pentagon. It was on that day we decided on a shelter place......our sailboat ( a la Waterworld)

Any emergency will have clogged roads.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? People actually fear this?
    So sad to read this...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Really? People actually fear this?
    So sad to read this...
    I was about to write down my thoughts on this, but realized it really can't be stated without violating the forum rules.
    Instead I'll just say people need to use their own head, engage in critical thinking, instead of listening to................(fill in the blank for yourself)
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Or watching certain 'news' stations...
    I used to work with people with these fears before I retired over 5 years ago and I certainly did not want to waste my time and soul like this.
    But to each their own...this is still America.
    Natural disasters are another thing entirely though...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    ^ Or watching certain 'news' stations...
    I used to work with people with these fears before I retired over 5 years ago and I certainly did not want to waste my time and soul like this.
    But to each their own...this is still America.
    Natural disasters are another thing entirely though...
    We shall see. I am convinced that America is under subversive attack from outside and from within, evidenced by the latest attempt to run a governmental coup by stealing another election. With that will come either increased lockdowns and control with forced compliance, or an effort to regain freedom and liberty that America and the Constitution stand for. I am banking and hoping on the latter.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And there it is...
    Dan and Rita

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just going to try to remind folks that this is an RV forum..... no problem with using the RV as a bug-out vehicle/plan...... just steer REAL WIDE of anything that might ruin this thread.

So far this thread is..... meh.....,, sort of RV related.

Here is one of community rules: ...discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are permitted only in association with the topic of this forum and will be closed or removed if they become disruptive...

actually I can't believe I have to even think of saying something that might preempt this thread going in the wrong direction.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    just going to try to remind folks that this is an RV forum..... no problem with using the RV as a bug-out vehicle/plan...... just steer REAL WIDE of anything that might ruin this thread.

So far this thread is..... meh.....,, sort of RV related.

Here is one of community rules: ...discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are permitted only in association with the topic of this forum and will be closed or removed if they become disruptive...

actually I can't believe I have to even think of saying something that might preempt this thread going in the wrong direction.

I agree, thank you for keeping us on track. :-) My original question is an honest one and is non-political. I just wondered if any others had plans, even in the back of their minds, about using their home on wheels to pick up and go somewhere to possibly escape something happening around their brick and mortar home. This is our first RV we could possibly live in full-time (although cramped for sure) and this question has recently come up in my mind.

So the process of preparing and thinking ahead and planning a route and a place to go are what I am asking about.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast