Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey water tank capacities

I know this is probably information right in front of me but I've gone through the OM I downloaded for my unit and can't find any information. We purchased a used 2014 303RLS which we love but I can't find the capacity for the galley grey water. This tank fills up in about 2 days which isn't an issue with sewer connections but dry camping causes an issue after 2 days, and we are conservative in our use. We try to wash dishes only as needed and I never use the kitchen sink for washing my hands.

So does anyone know the storage capacity on the grey water at the galley? The grey water in the bathroom never comes close. Any tips for extending the use?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Online specs show 75 gallons. Probably a 40 gallon for bath and 35 for kitchen. Either the tanks are mounted so that they can’t fill all the way or maybe your tank sensors are mounted so “full” isn’t really full.

https://www.granddesignsource.com/sp...303rls-tr19978
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These units were built with the vent plumbing extending into the grey tanks which greatly reduces capacity. You either need to replace the grommet where the vent pipe the tank with the more typical type that uses a hose clamp, or modify the pipe. Replacing the grommet probably requires dropping the tank. Modifying the pipe is fairly easy. The pipe is accessible behind the breaker panel.

I pulled mine out and drilled a 1” hole crossways in it at the bottom of the grommet.
    Last edited by jkwilson; 12-26-2020 at 07:49 PM.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Papa View Post
    I know this is probably information right in front of me but I've gone through the OM I downloaded for my unit and can't find any information. We purchased a used 2014 303RLS which we love but I can't find the capacity for the galley grey water. This tank fills up in about 2 days which isn't an issue with sewer connections but dry camping causes an issue after 2 days, and we are conservative in our use. We try to wash dishes only as needed and I never use the kitchen sink for washing my hands.

So does anyone know the storage capacity on the grey water at the galley? The grey water in the bathroom never comes close. Any tips for extending the use?
    2014 303s (and a few years later) have a 32 gallon kitchen grey water and the bathroom is 43 gallons.

Many of us have attached the Valterra valve on the end of the sewer pipe for various reasons. By having valve closed and your two grey gate valves open, you can "equalize" the tanks by sharing the grey water between the two tanks to have a 75 gallon tank capacity.

You could very well have issues as John describes (we do not) and may need to address that. However, prior to doing that, at some point when it works for you, I would measure the volume that these grey (you could do the same for the black too) are actually taking in. Simply starting by ensuring that they are empty and using a water meter on a hose and running the water directly into the kitchen sink for the 32 galley tank is easy and effective. You can do the same for the other tanks. Ensure the RV is level front to back and side to side.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Papa View Post

I've got the same problem with my 320MKS and there is no documentation on my unit either. My rear tank is completely full at 3 bars rather than 4 and I have replaced the sensor and get the same results. The front tank sensor work properly. My gauge is now "when the water in the sink no longer drains, it's full". I hadn't considered equalizing the two tanks. I'll have to research what a Valterra valve is and how to connect them. If I equalize, then I can at least use the rear sensor to have good readings.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjpatter View Post
    I've got the same problem with my 320MKS and there is no documentation on my unit either. My rear tank is completely full at 3 bars rather than 4 and I have replaced the sensor and get the same results. The front tank sensor work properly. My gauge is now "when the water in the sink no longer drains, it's full". I hadn't considered equalizing the two tanks. I'll have to research what a Valterra valve is and how to connect them. If I equalize, then I can at least use the rear sensor to have good readings.
    Bill & Marsha - here is the Valterra valve many of us have installed. Note my link to Amazon is from sometime ago so pricing and other information may not match up. My last picture shows the black silicone I put on all four tabs to prevent the valve from coming off for various reasons noted by other owners over the years.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190814_151607.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	31341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191009_160331.jpg 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	31342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191009_160302.jpg 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	31343
    Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tip on the silicone on the tabs. I’ll definitely be doing that when I install mine. Thanks.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for the tips. I already have the Valterra valve but hadn't thought of the other option. The sensor hasn't been the issue but the sink backing up when it's full sooner that I expect. It could be very well that my wife does a lot of dishes. LOL My son's a very good plumber so I'll discuss with him when we meet together next month in Quartzite.