User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lets talk about GC2 6V (golf cart) battery's - whats good?

I am wanting to build a 4 pack set of battery's. The lithium ions are out of my price range with having to get a new charger and upgrading a lot of stuff. We do travel in the cold too (sub zero at times), so cold weather charging is an issue unless they are heated. Not a deal killer though.

On my last trailer I had a series parallel with 2-6V and 2-12V It should not have worked but did. I cant remember the brand of the 6V but they were still god after 12 years. My current dual 12V are starting to show signs of age (interstate deep cycle made in 2017) Its taking longer to charge to 100%

Now it used to be Trojan GC2 6V were the good standard. They have three models T105, T125, and T145 also available in their Plus system . I am looking at the 145 series. I am not sure what the plus system means - caps look different and something about embedded terminals. In the pictures they pretty much look the same.

My local dealer has stopped carrying them due to service and price. His distribute went out of business due to the higher price (not covid). He recommends the DEKA GC15 or GC45. I also see US Battery mentioned in other threads US 145 XC2 along with Interstate 2400 series.

So if I may ask, what brand and model 6V GC2 battery's are you using?
    Thanks
    Happy New Year
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Costco sells Interstate GC2s for $90 per battery. Good price and quality in my opinion.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotraut View Post
    Costco sells Interstate GC2s for $90 per battery. Good price and quality in my opinion.
    Thanks
    I don't have a Costco near me and the Sam's does not carry the Duracell one either - no 6V for that matter.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get 4 Trojan 225AH T-105's for less than a Grand at Amazon, free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073T5HPBP..._gwp6Fb8WQ5785

Amazon also has 100AH Lifepo4 Lithium batts for about 560 each...not sure if the Lithium is a good brand.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FMTRYPT...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Good Luck,
    Bill

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My single 12v dual purpose battery gave out one cool evening while we were boondocking. We only boondock a day or two at a time. So I did a little research and decided on the US Battery 2200 XC2. Price, reviews, load, availability, price; all played a factor in my purchase. It is not the best. But it was good enough for what I needed it to do.

I put two of them in my Momentum in 9/2017. I check the water quarterly and add distilled water as necessary and clean the terminal as necessary, it isn't always necessary. I spend the winters at ski resorts and have hit -22f without issues. My batteries have just worked without issue since the day I put them in.

Good hunting.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    My single 12v dual purpose battery gave out one cool evening while we were boondocking. We only boondock a day or two at a time. So I did a little research and decided on the US Battery 2200 XC2. Price, reviews, load, availability, price; all played a factor in my purchase. It is not the best. But it was good enough for what I needed it to do.

I put two of them in my Momentum in 9/2017. I check the water quarterly and add distilled water as necessary and clean the terminal as necessary, it isn't always necessary. I spend the winters at ski resorts and have hit -22f without issues. My batteries have just worked without issue since the day I put them in.

Good hunting.
    Great alternative...get them here on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KN27HXS..._9jw6FbTD0HXGF

Etrailer also has good deals and quite often free shipping.

They actually have a deal on some 400ah 6v batts here: https://www.etrailer.com/Battery/Bri...y/BRW84FR.html

Two of these will net you a true usable 400ah and only weigh 122lbs each.

2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Great alternative...get them here on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KN27HXS..._9jw6FbTD0HXGF

Etrailer also has good deals and quite often free shipping.

They actually have a deal on some 400ah 6v batts here: https://www.etrailer.com/Battery/Bri...y/BRW84FR.html

Two of these will net you a true usable 400ah and only weigh 122lbs each.

That is a great deal - unfortunately they are too tall. I have about 14" then my future inverter/charger sits above them. Max height with battery box is 14". This leaves room for wiring.

Thanks for the thoughts though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerscol,
    As you have probably read, I just updated our RV to a Outdoors RV. I had it set up with 4 AGM 6 volt batteries. I usually go with 2 12 volt batteries. But the RV dealer over in Poncha Spgs & said they were out of 12 volt battereis. so they were going to install 6 volt batteries. Well, the problem with that is if one battery fails no power what so ever, even if all the other batteries are good. So, I ponyed up & had them install 4 6 volt battereis. Also makes better use of the solar panels. Only draw back, they are Interstate. My least favorite brand of batteries. But, anyhow they are set up in a nice battery holder & when they do go in the future I can switch to any brand out there. Hopefully they will last 5-6 years. I was getting 8 years out of 12 volt Deka's. My favorite brand of battery. You may check JP Tire here in Durango. I got my last set of Deka batterys there. They may also carry 6 volt batteries there. I know one thing get ready to spend some serious cash. None of them are cheap.
    Good Luck, Russ And enjoy this snow.
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Interstate GC batteries on my boat and they were still going 7 years later when I sold the boat. Had a 4 battery bank running a household fridge thru an inverter.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    So if I may ask, what brand and model 6V GC2 battery's are you using?
    I don't know a lot about batteries so I went with four of the tried-and-true Trojan T-105s.

They sat on the garage floor for over a year due to trailer trade-in and dealer service issues. They went dead there at least once due to carelessness on the part of the owner, and when they were charged they were charged with an anemic charger that was technically inadequate for the task.

Then they were installed in the Solitude, charged only by the less-than-stellar WFCO 9855, and have operated there for nearly two years. We are mostly on shore power when using the trailer but now have a few weeks of boondocking on the batteries too. They have given us days of service each time we have boondocked with them, and they are still alive.

I think I've got more than I deserve from them. People who treat them well report several times the service life I've enjoyed so far from them.

Good luck with your choice.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast