User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    For hauling something small like a golf cart or motorcycle, it would be a royal pain to haul the second trailer. Much easier to just trade on a toy hauler so you can maneuver when getting fuel or other tight areas. Maybe if you want to haul a boat the second trailer might be worth it.
    I have been pulling two trailers for years now, and it is a lot easier to pull a 30 foot trailer with a 10 foot bike trailer behind it for maneuver it. The two piviot points make it turn around a lot of things when going forward, plus in some campgrounds there might only be room for a 30 foot trailer to fit. So disconnect the bike trailer and back in the 30 foot camper instead of a 40 plus toy hauler. I looked at many toy haulers five years ago and did not like them as it limit your living space and all floor plans looked the same in the 40 footer along with garage space, so that is why going with the double pull set up, but the 376th single bike hauler has caught my liking, as no lose of living space, and still room for a bike. One disadvantage of a double pull, is forget backing up the whole set up. Look for pull through sites.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been hauling a boat trailer behind my 5th wheels for a couple decades now. I would say to be optimum, you want your trailers level, about 15% tongue weight. Also keep in mind that when you "B" train with two trailers, the second trailer reduces the tongue weight of the first. That 200# on the ****** end off your 5th will have a significant effect on the weight of the nose end of the 5th. So load accordingly.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    For hauling something small like a golf cart or motorcycle, it would be a royal pain to haul the second trailer. Much easier to just trade on a toy hauler so you can maneuver when getting fuel or other tight areas. Maybe if you want to haul a boat the second trailer might be worth it.
    Well, the beach we go to here in Texas allows golf carts but they cost $125 per day to rent so we figure it's much cheaper to haul our EZGO down there, especially since we stay for 1-2 weeks. We had looked at toy haulers but decided on the 29RS since most times we don't need the golf cart and we LOVE the theaters seats, fireplace and interior room with the opposing slides.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdan View Post
    Well, the beach we go to here in Texas allows golf carts but they cost $125 per day to rent so we figure it's much cheaper to haul our EZGO down there, especially since we stay for 1-2 weeks. We had looked at toy haulers but decided on the 29RS since most times we don't need the golf cart and we LOVE the theaters seats, fireplace and interior room with the opposing slides.
    I can see a market for a compact golf cart with a mini-garage designed for it on a 5th wheel or TT. Standing a cart on end would be an interesting idea since it would only use a small space, but I’m not sure how easy it would be to implement. A hydraulic ramp would probably be the way to do it. Doing that you could get the same living area with only a little extra length.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s exactly why I tow my m/c behind my trailer. I looked at th’s but I’d only use the garage about 10 days a year out of 150+ camping days. A friend of mine uses it as his man cave but my DW wouldn’t appreciate that! Both the Solitude and momentum lines used to offer a floor plan where the garage was under the rear master bed but I don’t see it on the gd site anymore.
    Last edited by Bungy; 12-28-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott d View Post
    I have double tow for years. First behind Refection 303 and now Solitude 310. I use 4 inch drop. the same draw bar on both trailers. I pull an Aluma 210 motor cycle trailer. The GVW between 1700 and 2000lbs. I either haul a EZGO, Can Am Spyder or a Polaris Ranger. I do have a camera on the back just watch the rear trailer.
    I will need a bigger drop for the 2nd trailer to be level

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjpatter View Post
    Our Reflection has a receiver rated at 300# but the owners manual specifically says that towing will void the warranty. Things change from model to model so I would suggest call Customer Service to confirm. I did find this "off-hand" comment in a youtube factory tour referencing a Solitude. About the 9 minute mark.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMcm6AUj39A
    Where did you see that in your manual?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I've been hauling a boat trailer behind my 5th wheels for a couple decades now. I would say to be optimum, you want your trailers level, about 15% tongue weight. Also keep in mind that when you "B" train with two trailers, the second trailer reduces the tongue weight of the first. That 200# on the ****** end off your 5th will have a significant effect on the weight of the nose end of the 5th. So load accordingly.
    Good point and I thought of that too. Saw somewhere that 40% of the tongue weight would come off of the pin weight so 200# would reduce pin weight 80# (if that formula is correct). I have used a cargo carrier loaded that probably weighed 150# loaded and no problems towing.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    That’s exactly why I tow my m/c behind my trailer. I looked at th’s but I’d only use the garage about 10 days a year out of 150+ camping days. A friend of mine uses it as his man cave but my DW wouldn’t appreciate that! Both the Solitude and momentum lines used to offer a floor plan where the garage was under the rear master bed but I don’t see it on the gd site anymore.
    We looked really hard at the Momentums and liked the ceiling queen bed in garage but fell in love with the Reflection. Took it out last week for a few days and was 1st time we got to use the fireplace. It was great and minimized our propane heater usage too!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you see that in your manual?
    Imbedded in the warning, which I seldom read (page 72).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hitch weight.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	31353
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast