User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjpatter View Post
    Imbedded in the warning, which I seldom read (page 72).
    Attachment 31353
    Interesting. I'm gonna call GD. Doesn't make sense. Thanks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    That’s exactly why I tow my m/c behind my trailer. I looked at th’s but I’d only use the garage about 10 days a year out of 150+ camping days. A friend of mine uses it as his man cave but my DW wouldn’t appreciate that! Both the Solitude and momentum lines used to offer a floor plan where the garage was under the rear master bed but I don’t see it on the gd site anymore.
    The units you are thinking of is the 374th by solitude, that has just been discontinued, or the 376th by momentum. Both these you need a DRW truck, or should have one. GD is also coming out with a baby brother to the 376th soon, it is 366m, a few feet shorter, and hopefully lighter in the pin weight so a SRW 1 ton can haul it safely. Look for it at the camping shows this winter, or in spring at the local dealer near you
    Last edited by 1HOTCAT; 12-29-2020 at 07:42 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imbedded in the warning, which I seldom read (page 72).
    Attachment 31353
    I found a similar warning in my manual so called GD. She said if receiver was factory installed its ok to tow up to 300#tw and 3000#. She said the manual covers all models and some might not come with factory hitch. Didn't make sense to have a 4 way plug back there and not allow towing!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD just says if you overload it, you may void your warranty. Same as all hitches, they have a weight limit. Using it properly will not void the warranty.

That's how I interpret that warning label.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    GD just says if you overload it, you may void your warranty. Same as all hitches, they have a weight limit. Using it properly will not void the warranty.

That's how I interpret that warning label.
    Label says 'Towing items behind RV OR overloading the rear will void the warranty'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tow label warning.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	31358

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdan View Post
    Label says 'Towing items behind RV OR overloading the rear will void the warranty'.
    I'm not sure exactly what warranty this warning is referring to. My generator that I carry on the hitch is under 150# but I believe I'm pushing the design. I've had a camera on it and it bounces a ton. I'm planning to add wire rope and turn-buckles before I travel again. I'm also careful to inspect the welds every trip. Before building my generator tote, I looks how they attached the receiver, the welds and the cross support members. I then looked at the welds holding the axles on. More metal on the receiver than the axles. The receivers are over designed and built to take a beating. I'm confident the dynamic loads I generate are greater that anything your golf cart is going to produce. The weight of the trailer/cart is going to dampen the loads. That said, if your cart goes airborne going over the RR tracks, all bets are off. The factory tour video specifically said Solitudes but I would take the customer service comments as fact. If you get a chance, compare the receiver construction between the two units.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure exactly what warranty this warning is referring to. My generator that I carry on the hitch is under 150# but I believe I'm pushing the design. I've had a camera on it and it bounces a ton. I'm planning to add wire rope and turn-buckles before I travel again. I'm also careful to inspect the welds every trip. Before building my generator tote, I looks how they attached the receiver, the welds and the cross support members. I then looked at the welds holding the axles on. More metal on the receiver than the axles. The receivers are over designed and built to take a beating. I'm confident the dynamic loads I generate are greater that anything your golf cart is going to produce. The weight of the trailer/cart is going to dampen the loads. That said, if your cart goes airborne going over the RR tracks, all bets are off. The factory tour video specifically said Solitudes but I would take the customer service comments as fact. If you get a chance, compare the receiver construction between the two units.
    I had checked the receiver welds and while I'm not a welder or expert they looked OK to me, they were the entire length of where it attaches to the frame. You might want to try one of those hitch stabilizer things that take the play (ie bounce) out of the ball mount. They really work well to help stabilize the hitch carrier. I'll certainly have to remember I'm pulling my golf cart when I see a railroad track! :-)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked at the Freedom Hauler? I've been checking it out lately and I like the concept. https://www.freedomhauler.com/
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta2.0 View Post
    Have you looked at the Freedom Hauler? I've been checking it out lately and I like the concept. https://www.freedomhauler.com/
    Interesting but WAY over my budget.
    Last edited by Texdan; 01-02-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdan View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tow label warning.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	31358
    I had not seen that particular wording...My interpretation would not be correct. I'm going to look at my docs and see if the same wording is there. I expect it would be the same. It seems to me like entrapment. Here's a hitch for you.....if you use it, you are on your own....
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast