Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery Box Storage 2019 Reflection 337

Just bought a 2019 Reflection 337 5th wheel. It came with a single 12V battery in the front compartment which is charged by a 100W solar panel. My previous rig had two 6V golf cart batteries. Would like to do something similar to the Reflection but the battery box in the front compartment won't accommodate two batteries. Are there special battery boxes for the Reflection to facilitate the two battery approach? Any special considerations (as to venting, wiring, solar panel, etc.) regarding setup of two batteries in the front compartment?

B wise

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nowadays, many are moving away from flooded (lead-acid) batteries and going with LiFePO4 batteries. They're expensive up front, but work out to be economical in the long run. With lead-acid batteries, you can only access a portion of the rated amp hours. With LiFePO4, you can use almost all the rated capacity. In addition, they're 50% lighter and don't require venting or maintenance.

In answer to your question, no - there are not any special battery boxes for these RVs. Other's have put a metal plate over the existing hole and mounted two standard battery boxes. You would still have to make sure everything is vented if you use lead-acid batteries.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwise61910 View Post
    Just bought a 2019 Reflection 337 5th wheel. It came with a single 12V battery in the front compartment which is charged by a 100W solar panel. My previous rig had two 6V golf cart batteries. Would like to do something similar to the Reflection but the battery box in the front compartment won't accommodate two batteries. Are there special battery boxes for the Reflection to facilitate the two battery approach? Any special considerations (as to venting, wiring, solar panel, etc.) regarding setup of two batteries in the front compartment?

B wise
    Look at post #21 of this thread. I just plowed that field. I went with AGM which doesn't require venting but I still vented because everything was right there.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...y-for-RV/page3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2156.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	31334
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don’t mind, I have a question for you after looking at your picture of your inverter. How did you wire the output up to your RV? Do you have it running to a specific circuit using Romex?