User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Battery cable sizing, type, and lug selection

Well I have been doing a lot of reading today and YouTube including a lot of Will's stuff. For the sake of this discussion lets assume 4 battle born in parallel (100 to 110AM each) or 4 6C GC2 in series/parallel (220 to 255AH each) both delivering 12V to a 3000 inverter. Please check my math.

BB have a max discharge rate of 100A. Not sure of the limits of a GC2 6V. Using the bluesea chart I need 4AWG between the battery's (possibly 2awg) and 2/0 to the inverter.Inverter will be whiten 6 feet of the battery pack. However I am curious if I need to up-size between each parallel connection for the amperage output accumulating between connections. I am wanting to fabricate my own cables, but want to do it once for either situation, so the sizing needs to cover both situations

In my researching the best battery cables, for an RV should be made out of welding power cable. However the front bay where the battery's will be is not 100% environmental proof and I should consider marine grade cabling which is much stiffer, Thoughts? I am leaning toward the welding cable.

Last is the cable crimp lugs. I know they should be pure copper or tinned copper. However there are numerous hole sizes available. BB 's come with 5/16 bolts for their lugs and it appear the Trojan is the same. Is this standard across the brands?

Last What are the good sources for these material (cable/lugs) as I am finding prices all over the map.

Last - battery box. I found one to fit the 4 CG@'s but not one for the 4 BB battery's. Yes I know I don't need a box for the BB's, but I want to use the space over the battery's if possible for soft stuff.

Thanks for any help
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one source that I purchased from in the past
    https://www.batterycablesusa.com/
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins