User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2400BH Outdoor kitchen stove change out

Team GD,
    Just letting you know I removed the old stove which was under powered and replaced with my Camp Chef Ranger II. Very simple. I cut some cutting board to cover the hole from the factor stove and the Ranger sits on top. The new stove will not store in the draw but fits nicely in the storage above the drawer. Additionally with the 110 available in the cabinet it provides a place for us to use of 3 favorite cooking tools outside: Stove, Air fryer, and instant pot.

FWIW I did a reasonable amount of research and the ranger is a great stove. Very powerful and will connect directly to the trailer's gas via the quick connect.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stove.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	31337
    Beau and Kathryn
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 F250 6.7

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean by under powered?

I haven’t used mine yet but heat is heat isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stove that comes on the camper is weak with minimal BTUs. I'd imagine (pun intended) 5,000 Btu. The Ranger give 17,000 BTUs.

Waiting for water to boil for coffee just took to long on the factory stove.

Thanks.
    Beau and Kathryn
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 F250 6.7

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeauBEVans View Post
    The stove that comes on the camper is weak with minimal BTUs. I'd imagine (pun intended) 5,000 Btu. The Ranger give 17,000 BTUs.

Thanks.
    Guess I am never in a rush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.
    My buddies Jayco was the same way. On a perfect day it would do "Ok". On a breezy day, it wouldn't get hot enough to cook bacon. Mmmm..Bacon.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team GD,
    Just letting you know I removed the old stove which was under powered and replaced with my Camp Chef Ranger II. Very simple. I cut some cutting board to cover the hole from the factor stove and the Ranger sits on top. The new stove will not store in the draw but fits nicely in the storage above the drawer. Additionally with the 110 available in the cabinet it provides a place for us to use of 3 favorite cooking tools outside: Stove, Air fryer, and instant pot.

FWIW I did a reasonable amount of research and the ranger is a great stove. Very powerful and will connect directly to the trailer's gas via the quick connect.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stove.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	31337
    Great idea. You are right about the OEM being a little weak. I've been looking at replacing it with an induction plate but have hesitated because of the odd off-grid trips. How it the height of your unit? On the Reflection 320MK, the draw/burners are at chest high. I'm flipping eggs at face level. A burner that I need a ladder for isn't too useful. I'd love to be able to extend and drop it but haven't figured out how.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost