User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supply Issues on New Trailers

We just took delivery on Dec 23 of an Imagine/XLS 22MLE. Generally we are quite pleased BUT it appears that Grand Design has supply issues and has chosen to swap out motion sensing lights at entrance and in pass thru with switchable lights. They also are having problems with spray ports and external shower parts. There is no spray port on the door-side of the trailer and no spray hose is included. To top it off, nothing was said to me upon delivery and when I questioned Brian at Grand Design, the shortages were disclosed and the changes made. It appears to me that I am on the hook for the hose, I already ordered a motion light light for entry, and will be doing a very detailed check of what is in the trailer as delivered.

Not a good experience with a company that touts quality and customer service.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They previously had excellent customer service which is why we chose GD. It seems their customer service has taken a down turn, and the trailers are assembled no differently than other brands which is why I'm not necessarily sticking with GD for our next one. I'm very handy, and i do all my own work/maintenance so I'm considering the next trailer based on floor plan, CCC and tank sizes as opposed to sticking with a "quality" brand.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you read the fine print on their website or printed brochures, you will find the clause that states that they have the right to make changes at any time. If you took delivery of a stock unit, you would have seen those things before buying it. If you ordered it, you could still be waiting for those few items to be added. What is more important to you? Motion sensing lights or a usable RV? I'll send you mine. I hate them.
    Last edited by huntr70; 12-28-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    If you read the fine print on their website or printed brochures, you will find the clause that states that they have the right to make changes at any time. If you took delivery of a stock unit, you would have seen those things before buying it. If you ordered it, you could still be waiting for those few items to be added. What is more important to you? Motion sensing lights or a usable RV? I'll send you mine. I hate them.
    I had to laugh - I put all my motion sensing lights in manual mode. The ones in the cabinets and wardrobe were on all the time driving (moving objects). I just needed to learn where to reach to turn them on.

A funny thing happened when we first got the trailer - the wardrobe light kept coming on (see it around the door cracks at night) turned out to be a hitchhiking fly.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I had to laugh - I put all my motion sensing lights in manual mode. The ones in the cabinets and wardrobe were on all the time driving (moving objects). I just needed to learn where to reach to turn them on.

A funny thing happened when we first got the trailer - the wardrobe light kept coming on (see it around the door cracks at night) turned out to be a hitchhiking fly.
    We changed the motion sensing light in the bathroom and added it to the regular light switch. We were always turning it on anyway, since the other light in the bathroom was dimmer and behind our head (when looking in the mirror). Had to turn the motion light on to have it light enough to see things in the mirror.

Only rarely use the motion light by the door coming in. It's too high for me to reach.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolltap1 View Post
    We just took delivery on Dec 23 of an Imagine/XLS 22MLE. Generally we are quite pleased BUT it appears that Grand Design has supply issues and has chosen to swap out motion sensing lights at entrance and in pass thru with switchable lights. They also are having problems with spray ports and external shower parts. There is no spray port on the door-side of the trailer and no spray hose is included. To top it off, nothing was said to me upon delivery and when I questioned Brian at Grand Design, the shortages were disclosed and the changes made. It appears to me that I am on the hook for the hose, I already ordered a motion light light for entry, and will be doing a very detailed check of what is in the trailer as delivered.

I think the point Trolltap is getting at is prices go up and features go away. In a time of high demand it's price gouging at it's best.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    They previously had excellent customer service which is why we chose GD. It seems their customer service has taken a down turn, and the trailers are assembled no differently than other brands which is why I'm not necessarily sticking with GD for our next one. I'm very handy, and i do all my own work/maintenance so I'm considering the next trailer based on floor plan, CCC and tank sizes as opposed to sticking with a "quality" brand.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You really think they are any different than all others and why would they be?
    It is a supply issue. Mine had stuff missing as well but I prefer it in my driveway than still sitting waiting for insignificant items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolltap1 View Post

I saw in another post that GD was coming good for the lights. Did someone at GD say they wouldn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    As far as the "fine print" goes, GD advertises a 15K A/C on their Imagine series. They all seem to be Furrion units, and Furrion does not even make a 15K unit. They make 14.5K and 15.5K units (guess which one I have?). So, false advertising or the "fine print" catchall? I'm not really complaining, just nit picking.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supply Issues on New Trailers

Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    As far as the "fine print" goes, GD advertises a 15K A/C on their Imagine series. They all seem to be Furrion units, and Furrion does not even make a 15K unit. They make 14.5K and 15.5K units (guess which one I have?). So, false advertising or the "fine print" catchall? I'm not really complaining, just nit picking.
    The A/C on our Imagine is a 15k btu Coleman Mach. The Coleman Machs are the only units listed on the preprinted build sheet. It is interesting that the 15 k unit is standard, while the 13.5 k unit is optional. I thought it would be reversed from that.
    Last edited by Chewwi; 12-29-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast