User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting new design from Palomino RV - I wonder if GD will replicate this

This new model has the AC units underneath in the garage bays instead of up on the roof. Interior roof is 7 ft. Has a residential look bathroom with nice double sink and full sized shower. It also has storage galore, like that of a Class A motorhome.

It uses residential style HVAC filters and has a tankless water heater.

https://palominorv.com/fifth-wheels/river-ranch

https://camperreport.com/new-luxury-...-house-living/
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love innovation, but I’d be very interested to hear from owners what they think after owning and servicing one of these. Noise level for A/Cs below? Cost of servicing those vs rooftop units? I have to believe they would be harder to service / labor costs / hours fro similar rooftop repairs, etc... The storage and full ceiling height throughout are nice concepts, though.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    This new model has the AC units underneath in the garage bays instead of up on the roof. Interior roof is 7 ft. Has a residential look bathroom with nice double sink and full sized shower. It also has storage galore, like that of a Class A motorhome.

It uses residential style HVAC filters and has a tankless water heater.

https://palominorv.com/fifth-wheels/river-ranch

https://camperreport.com/new-luxury-...-house-living/
    Except it’s got those god awful ‘salad bowl’ bathroom sinks that are a nightmare to clean around.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is pretty cool
    Chris

2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Chevrolet 2500HD

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the large amounts of storage space, but without a cargo capacity to match, it is academic and not useful - it does look like they raised the GVWR from what I recall being reported when this was first hitting the internet several months ago so that is good. Also, having the roof RIGHT AT the DOT limit removes the ability to add things like satellite dishes, wifi antenna, solar panels, cell booster antenna, etc.

That being said, it is a curious design and worth keeping an eye on.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    Except it’s got those god awful ‘salad bowl’ bathroom sinks that are a nightmare to clean around.
    Yeah I'm not a big fan of those either. Except if they're white porcelain they're much easier to keep clean. The clear ones are a nightmare. We had clear vessel sinks in our vacation home and I hated having to clean the bloody things after each use. The white ones are fairly simple to keep clean.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The article stated they raised the GVWR but yeah, who knows if that's sufficient. Being at the legal height limit is indeed an issue for folks who might want to add solar down the line. I'd give up some of the ceiling height to be well below the legal limit.

Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    I love the large amounts of storage space, but without a cargo capacity to match, it is academic and not useful - it does look like they raised the GVWR from what I recall being reported when this was first hitting the internet several months ago so that is good. Also, having the roof RIGHT AT the DOT limit removes the ability to add things like satellite dishes, wifi antenna, solar panels, cell booster antenna, etc.

That being said, it is a curious design and worth keeping an eye on.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    The article stated they raised the GVWR but yeah, who knows if that's sufficient. Being at the legal height limit is indeed an issue for folks who might want to add solar down the line. I'd give up some of the ceiling height to be well below the legal limit.
    This is a very nice couples full timing layout. A bunkhouse variant with some space on the roof for solar would be nice as well. Especially since you can do awesome end-to-end coverage with no ACs to work around - could be a fantastic solar trailer. My 2880w is about the limit of what you can do without building a custom frame and covering over all things on the roof.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    raising the floor like that had to raise the stairs to get in the trailer. Overall you will have the same number of steps I would think. With an armful of grocerys or other items would it create a problem trying to get in.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the outside it looks like a converted horse trailer.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast