User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ace and Rudy how do you like the 260rd ? It looks like a great couples unit. Still small enough to get into camp sites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a 295RL towed it with a Toyota Tundra 3 or 4 trips with it traded it for a 3/4 ton lot more stable and safer wished I went ahead and got the one ton if you want to upgrade Rv you got the truck
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    Ace and Rudy how do you like the 260rd ? It looks like a great couples unit. Still small enough to get into camp sites.
    It's been a great unit. Lot's of room for a couple, really like most of the features. The table makes a big enough bed that the grandson has stayed with us. He brought a friend once and they slept on the dual recliners. Ours has the sliding flexible plastic shower door, but I see newer units have a sliding glass door, which might be a better feature. It's nice having the big refrigerator and So far so good!
    2018 Ram 2500 CTD
    2020 Reflection 260RD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an F-150 short bed, 8cylinder, FX4, and pulling the 260RD is comfortable, probably better than my last TT which had a bit less weight. The turning point hitch is a big plus for the shorter bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    How well does your 1/2 ton tow 260rd. Are you over weight ?
    I have 2020 260RD and had an F250 short bed diesel (2013 year) with a max gross weight of 10,000 lbs. Once on the CAT scale with my 260RD not fully loaded, the two truck axles added together was 9,900 lbs. That meant my wife had to walk home..just kidding. I was not legal with the overage a full RV and wife would place on the gross weight permitted. I now have a 2020 F350 dually long bed and the gross weight permitted is well beyond the load of the 260RD.

So you have to check the gross vehicle weight the manufacture permits for the truck you are looking at. My 2013 F250 had the towing ability and the individual axle support for the RV but NOT the gross vehicle weight permitted once the RV was attached and loaded.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've posted lots of data elsewhere on this forum about towing my 295RL with my F150. I did have to order the HDPP to get the payload (2700+). The 3.5 ecoboost tows it up 6% grades at my max speed - 65. I'm happy with our combination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3/4 Ton is More Fun

We have an 260RD and I'm glad I pull it with a F250 supercab with the 6.2 liter. We had an Imagine 2600RB that we were pulling with a Silverado 1500 which just seemed to bounce for 1/10 of a mile every time we hit a bump. Plus, we'd almost change lanes every time a tractor trailer passed us. Bought the F250 while we still had the TT and it made a big difference. We pulled the 260RD from southeast PA. to northwest PA this past summer and I couldn't imagine pulling it with a 1/2 ton pu.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbike85 View Post
    We have an 260RD and I'm glad I pull it with a F250 supercab with the 6.2 liter. We had an Imagine 2600RB that we were pulling with a Silverado 1500 which just seemed to bounce for 1/10 of a mile every time we hit a bump. Plus, we'd almost change lanes every time a tractor trailer passed us. Bought the F250 while we still had the TT and it made a big difference. We pulled the 260RD from southeast PA. to northwest PA this past summer and I couldn't imagine pulling it with a 1/2 ton pu.
    Guaranteed your issues with your Chev was in your hitch
    My Sierra tows our similar 2400 Bh with zero sway when being passed and very minimal chucking
    That was the first thing I noticed after towing a single axle Jayco for 6 years is this heavier tandem was super smooth and less noticeable behind the truck

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been towing a 260RD for 2 years with my 2017 Toyota Tundra and it tows great. The only mods I have made are rear Timbrens and load range E tires. The only limiting factor on the truck was stock p rated tires. The Tundras are beefed up stronger than most 1/2 ton trucks. I also run a 7 1/2 foot Boss V snow plow and it carries it better than my previous F250 did. I know that some people will say different but this set up works great for me with no issues at all.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add to the discussion, we have a 2020 245rl, roughly similar to the 260rd, but a bit lighter at 6500/7500 lbs. I tow with a 2015 F150 3.5 Eco-boost. We've done many small trips and a couple of 3000 mile+ trips throughout California and parts of Oregon. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with my little truck. Travels have included desert and mountainous terrain with many 6-8% grades, both up and down, and through rain, fog, and 116 degree heat. While I definitely feel the trailer, I really don't think I could justify another $20,000 or so to upgrade to a bigger truck/diesel. I have to admit the tow/haul function has alleviated a few white-knuckle moments on steep downgrades, where diesel engine braking would probably be a bit more comforting. We always travel with empty tanks and minimal provisions. On paper, all the numbers work with truck and trailer, although I have yet to weigh my rig. These are just my observations. I would be interested in thoughts on whether I'm deluding myself with my current combination? Thanks!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast