User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaking hydraulic hose

I discovered hydraulic residue in the right front jack area. Thought originally that the crimped connector on one of the orange hoses was at fault and contacted Grand Design. They sent a replacement gratis which seems to have repaired the immediate problem. My concern now is that it appears that the hose which was formed into a gradual 90 degree bend was the problem, not the connector installation. I hope the remaining orange hoses aren't going to fail as well. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind you can get hydraulic hoses made up with a huge amount of fittings to do turns and bends. If you have the problem in the future, take the bad hose to any AGG dealer and they can make new one cheaper and faster (while you wait). Also take a picture of the hose runs, and they might have a better solution. Search hydraulic hoses in you local phone book. Also heavy construction equipment dealers will be able to do the same.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Keep in mind you can get hydraulic hoses made up with a huge amount of fittings to do turns and bends. If you have the problem in the future, take the bad hose to any AGG dealer and they can make new one cheaper and faster (while you wait). Also take a picture of the hose runs, and they might have a better solution. Search hydraulic hoses in you local phone book. Also heavy construction equipment dealers will be able to do the same.

Hope this helps
    What powerscol said. Lots of hydraulic shops around who will make the hose for you while you wait. I have had several of this type of failure, no big deal.

Good Luck!
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully I have never needed to change a hose (just tighten connections for leaks) but I always wonder how one deals with the high pressures during change out.

What have you guys done to deal with the hose pressure or is it just a bleed-off then non-issue? Thanks
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Thankfully I have never needed to change a hose (just tighten connections for leaks) but I always wonder how one deals with the high pressures during change out.

What have you guys done to deal with the hose pressure or is it just a bleed-off then non-issue? Thanks
    Just a bleed off. Loosen a fitting in the system and remove, nothing special needed.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS