User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Thank you. That is very helpful to me. I called TransWest again the other day. Now $700 to check the alignment on a dual axle "plus the time to correct any alignment". He would not even give me a hourly rate nor an estimate on adjustment cost. He would only say "they (RV) all need alignment". I do not think they really want the business.

If anyone has a recommendation for a good shop to check/adjust alignment in Northern Colorado or Southern Wyoming, please let me know. Until I have a problem I will probably just let it go. As I said, the tires are wearing very evenly after 12,000 miles.

Chris
    Bear alignment in Loveland does RV's and have a good reputation. I had mine done a few years ago. Kinda tricky to get into though, I would suggest driving there without the trailer first. Don't remember the cost.
    Tim & Connie
    Biscuit the Dachshund, Chester the Chesapeake
    Momentum 350M
    Ram 3500 limited SB, 6.7 Cummins
    Superglide 18k

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. I got my alignment this morning.

The issue making me question the alignment was the worn trade band on the inside of each front tire; they were worn down to the replacement warning marker. All the other tread beads were OK. Tires on the rear didn't seem so bad.

The rear axel was the most out of alignment. Toe out was 4.9mm on one side and 5.6mm on the other side. Both adjusted to make them slightly 'positive' (toe in). 1.4mm on one side, 2.7mm on other.

The front axel wasn't square (to the frame). Adjusted that too so toe in was same as rear.

Cost: $304

Rather than tug and bend on the axels with pneumatic tools they heated and cooled the axels. It was interesting to watch.

I think I'll go by a tire shop before leaving for our 2021 trip and have the 2 front tires flipped on the rim.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim & Connie View Post
    Bear alignment in Loveland does RV's and have a good reputation. I had mine done a few years ago. Kinda tricky to get into though, I would suggest driving there without the trailer first. Don't remember the cost.
    Thank you for the tip. I have used (and liked) Bear Alignment, but Rodger sold the business. It is now an Aamco transmission shop.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Thank you for the tip. I have used (and liked) Bear Alignment, but Rodger sold the business. It is now an Aamco transmission shop.

Chris
    Wells that's a bummer. Going to have Ainsworth Trailer in Denver redo my broken suspension in a couple of weeks. I'll post how well they do the alignment after the work.

Tim
    Tim & Connie
    Biscuit the Dachshund, Chester the Chesapeake
    Momentum 350M
    Ram 3500 limited SB, 6.7 Cummins
    Superglide 18k

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim & Connie View Post
    Wells that's a bummer. Going to have Ainsworth Trailer in Denver redo my broken suspension in a couple of weeks. I'll post how well they do the alignment after the work.

Tim
    Good luck and please let us know how it turns out.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim and Chris,

I used Ainsworth in Denver a few years ago on a single axle KZ camper and the work appeared to be done well. Axle was bent after hitting a hidden sharp curb that was covered with snow. Camper was pulled about 10,000 more miles after repair before selling, with no issues and even tire wear.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I discovered the other day that the inside tread of both front axel tires is worn down to the 'time to replace' wear marker. Probably less than 14,000 miles. Not sure if these will have to be replaced. Just made an appointment with an alignment shop for next week.

My relationship with tires is not the best. Truck is going need new ones too before I leave in March for the 2021 trek. At least I got 50,00 miles out of those.
    I upgraded to the Goodyear tires last year and they were wearing the same. Just finished the MorRyde suspension upgrade at Henderson's in Grants Pass Oregon. The techs told me GD does not do much of an alignment job on the new trailers. Mine was out quite a bit when they started. The new suspension, axles, shocks and disc brakes are all oversized now and aligned perfectly. Next time I'll stop for the alignment as soon as I get new tires. I'm sure your shop will find the same thing when they check yours. Good luck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123