User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eternabond

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    I am thinking about cleaning around the bathroom skylight and applying some 4" wide Eternabond . I don't like what I'm seeing. It's sealed, but it's an indentation area and water pools. I live on the "wet side" of the Oregon Cascades in Oregon. KEN
    I’ve not used Eternabond in the past but, might you be able to “build up” around the vent, using more than one layer? Might that raise this area so that water runs away from there?
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Any other people that have layed eternabond or similar tape to a brand new trailer just for added protection?
    On my to do list in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just fill in the voids with more dicor.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t leave home without it. Currently in Corpus Christi with a major set of storms rolling through. Woke up to the panic of “tap tap tap” of water in my RV. Luckily it was in my shower. On removing the facade covering the shower skylight, found a small crack in the skylight plastic. Got the fan and dehumidifier set up in the bathroom and went on the roof. Shingled about 10-12 strips to cover the plastic and seal around the dicor. The eterabond stuck reasonably well but went overboard as the panel will be removed regardless. This was a huge piece of mind to do “something” than praying for it to stop. It will always be apart of my RV kit.
    Andrew
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2018 Ram 3500 6.7L
    18k Demco Autoslide Hitch.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just used Alpha's version of eternabond on the front, rear, and all straight-edged openings in the roof. Right over the brand new lap sealant. Should be good to go for longer than I'll have to worry about it.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eternabond.

[QUOTE=FT4NOW;338431]I did it on the front and rear caps. Just make sure to clean the surface well and get a roller to roll over it after you've laid it down.

This is a big help to do, you don't know when the micro cracks and pinholes will start in the Dycor. I've seen mine start to show signs of ballooning before and another poor soul arrive with a pop up roof pulling into a camp site. Its a nice piece of mind.

Another spot. If you have an enclosed belly is where the front meets the underbelly cover. its has a slight tuck into the front but you will see that over time the edges will droop. I pinned mine back and added some tape just to keep the inevitable shot gunning of road spray into the underbelly during rain storms while travelling.
    Andrew
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2018 Ram 3500 6.7L
    18k Demco Autoslide Hitch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12