User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KenSher View Post
    Thank you! It appears that most everyone have great experiences with this company. So please, if you can, why separate units?
    Forum hint: If you use "Reply With Quote" (next to "Reply") as I have done here, folks will know to whom you are replying.

As for the W/D, we have Whirlpool stacked separates (120VAC vented dryer) and are very happy with them. One advantage to our Whirlpool set is that Whirlpool will send a tech to work on the units in the RV. We've had that done once, but all they had to do was clear some codes because of something I had done.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding a W/D is on our project list for later this year. Question: What makes the Splendide so unique for RVs? In other words, if I had the space for a residential unit, why might I consider a Splendide? (either combo or stackable as I know they offer both)

Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Adding a W/D is on our project list for later this year. Question: What makes the Splendide so unique for RVs? In other words, if I had the space for a residential unit, why might I consider a Splendide? (either combo or stackable as I know they offer both)

Thanks!
    I only had realistic space for a combo unit. If I had room for 2 stand alone residential units and the dryer operated on 120v AC, I would have went that route. The combo is nice in the fact you can set the load and it washes, switches to dryer mode when it's ready. The drawback is smaller load size and clothes usually have a good amount of wrinkles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post

Thanks!
    Splendide was was of the first to offer compact units in 120VAC for the dryer or combo units (typically a dryer is 240VAC in a house) and market them to the RV industry. Many RV dealerships are Splendide dealers and can get parts for them. Our Whirlpool stackables are the same size as the equivalent Splendides and the dryer is 120VAC - so no different, really, from the Splendides.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds great! Thank you so much for sharing!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the space for a residential size, like we do, then I don't see the reason to go smaller. I much prefer nothing having to wash sheets and large items at the public laundry mat if I can avoid it and having a full sized washer is clutch for that.

The GE / Whirl Pool 120v dryer works great as well and is a good bit larger than what you'll get with the splendide but not quite residential large.

If you have the room there is little reason to go Splendide, they are smaller and more expensive.

The downside to our setup is the dryer is a little smaller on top of the larger washer. I use some eye bolts on the wall and secure it with a strap when in motion so we don't have to take it off and on. I could build a cabinet but we are tight on that wall because my daughter's large-ish bunk bend is right up against the washer dyer so I'd lose an inch or so with a small framed wall and I don't need to make the room feel any smaller nor do I want to move her bed.
    Last edited by Aridon; 01-02-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that does not fit into our Whirlpool stacked units is our comforter. But it's big and fluffy.
    Also our parts are available through appliance repair stores and on Amazon. Think i heard Splendide parts need to be bought through RV dealers.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KenSher View Post
    We have 381M Toyhauler, now we are "Thinking " about possibility of getting a unit. We never thought to do this ever. We would use the laundromats. Now with so many restrictions what do you all suggest? We don't even know what we should get! Any & all suggestions welcomed. TYI
    Been using the stacked W/D Splendide now for 1 year. Very pleased. Dealer installed at time of purchase. DW very happy. DH very happy DW happy.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Splendide 2100X combo, I install our myself it was pretty easy but the only thing was I had to get pass drilling a 4" hole in the side of my fiver and since it just my wife and I, it was a perfect mod for us.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you EVERYONE! Your wonderful and very kind helpful suggestions are much appreciated! Happy Safe Terrific Travels To All!
    Sincerely,
    Sher and Ken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast