User Tag List

Thread: RV Covers

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Covers

Happy Holidays to all. I have a 2018 337rls Reflection. I’m on my third year with a Classic Perma Pro cover with a 4 year warranty. Woke up Christmas morning to discover a rip down the middle front to back on the roof. It literally hung down all four sides of the rv. I’m hoping to get a replacement from Classic, but who knows how long that will take. Is it OK to not cover the AC unit in the meantime? I tried to order a cover but didn’t realize how many different models dometic has. Does anyone know which model we have on that unit? I appreciate any suggestions with this, Happy New Year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by copyritejim View Post
    Happy Holidays to all. I have a 2018 337rls Reflection. I’m on my third year with a Classic Perma Pro cover with a 4 year warranty. Woke up Christmas morning to discover a rip down the middle front to back on the roof. It literally hung down all four sides of the rv. I’m hoping to get a replacement from Classic, but who knows how long that will take. Is it OK to not cover the AC unit in the meantime? I tried to order a cover but didn’t realize how many different models dometic has. Does anyone know which model we have on that unit? I appreciate any suggestions with this, Happy New Year.

We've never used the cover we purchased for our rig. Going on 4 years now. I don't know where you're located, and what the weather issues may be there, but we're in southern California and haven't had any issues with not covering our rig/AC units.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention I am from Ct.. We did have a foot of snow and strong winds. I keep my rv at home but went to storage lots to check out other covers and they were all fine. I sometimes wonder if it’s even worth covering the units or not. It’s great to uncover them in the spring to be as clean as it was in the fall.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wind can be a problem with a cover. The blowing wind can cause the cover to move, even slightly, and rub on the finish. I chose not to go with a cover, here near Pittsburgh, for just that reason.

We had a limb fall out of a neighboring tree and come through the roof a couple of months ago, and are now awaiting an appointment to have it repaired. After we suffered the hole in the roof, my neighbor offered me the use of his cover, as they were heading to Texas for the winter.

I chose to put it on and risk the potential finish being rubbed for a couple of months along with the benefit of offering additional protection against the weather.

Where we are located, there is very seldom any wind (we sit in a valley, with a lot of trees around to hold it back. I’ve kept a very close eye on the cover and the wind and, when we take it off and return it to my neighbor, I am now considering getting one for use here. We take extended trips (a month or two at a time) and, while it is parked beside the house, I think that the cover would offer a value in protection both summer and winter.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by copyritejim View Post

Have you ever put a bra on your car? If you have you would know the damage they can do to the paint job. Same thing with rv covers. RVs are designed to withstand the elements, I see no need to cover mine and risk the damage.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in the San Diego area so there is abundant sunshine, periodic (Santa Ana) wind events, very little rain, and no snow. I'm on my fourth trailer and this is the only one that was purchased new. The first three were only a couple/few years old and each had sun damage when I got them. I like my vehicles to be in pristine condition and the UV damage (peeling/faded decals, oxidized gel coat, etc.) drove me crazy. I invested a lot of time trying to get them back in like-new condition...but it is a losing battle. We bought this 303 two years ago, and when stored, it has always been covered. I wash it prior to putting the cover on. When I remove the cover, I do see a very slight amount of wear on the cap. A little polish, an orbital buffer, and a coat of wax and it is completely eliminated. The trailer still looks brand new. Getting the cover on and off is a bit of a pain but is absolutely worth the effort to me.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS