Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tv size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tv size

I am trying to determine the biggest tv I can install in my Imagine 2950. The current set is not a smart tv, so I would like to change it out. Currently has a 32”, but I am guessing that a larger tv might fit. Any info. Or experience would be most appreciated.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will take a little homework but it isn't difficult. Last year I upgraded from a 40" dumb TCL that was in the trailer (actually pretty crappy, it doesn't even make a competent computer monitor) to a 43" Samsung LCD smart TV and I'm quite pleased. This is the largest TV I could fit in the cabinet without hacking anything.
    You need to determine two things to see if you can install a new TV. The first is the actual opening or space around the TV to check what would fit. Once you know how big you can go start looking at TVs you want and checking specs to find physical dimensions. If you find a model you like you can check the manufacturers web page and look up the specs (Length x Width x Height x Depth). The second is the mounting bracket and this may be more of a challenge. If yours is like mine not only the mounting plate on the arm but the tapped holes in the OEM TV were not standard dimensions. I got some 1" aluminum angle, screws that fit the new TV and some washers and made an adapter that keeps the OEM arm and backing plate yet adapts to the new TV. About a year ago in a post I gave a detailed description of what I did in a conversation with Chiefblueman.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 12-31-2020 at 10:00 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.