User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all of this detail Gary! So many variables to consider, and I appreciate you mentioning them all. I have decided to go with a BakFlip MX4 Tonneau, partially as it seemed thinner than some of the other options just for this reason (clearance). I'm sure this will all be a mix of fun and frustration getting it all dialed in!

Cheers, Josh
    2020 Ford F-350 XLT DRW Long Box w/ 6.7 Diesel & 3.55 Gear Ratio
    B&W Turnoverball Goose Ball Hitch
    2021 Reflection 367BHS w/ Reese Goose Box 20k

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jm_bc_ View Post
    Thank you for all of this detail Gary! So many variables to consider, and I appreciate you mentioning them all. I have decided to go with a BakFlip MX4 Tonneau, partially as it seemed thinner than some of the other options just for this reason (clearance). I'm sure this will all be a mix of fun and frustration getting it all dialed in!

Cheers, Josh
    @jm_bc_ When you hitch up, take some photos of the clearance of the Goosebox and the MX4, the F350 and the 367BHS. If at a full 90 degree turn would be perfect. I like the hard tonneau covers, but when folded they really add to the height for a full length bed (or block the rear window).
    I was looking at the Truxedo (LoPro or Truxport). It rolls up close to the rear window which gives full view out that window. LoPro has minimum vertical increase in the bed rails height. Truxport has minimum horizontal reduction in the bed width.
    I might be over-thinking this, but I have time before I hitch up. Not going anywhere right now.

Rig: 2017 Reflection 367BHS
    Tow vehicle: 2020 F350 CC 6.7l Platinum SRW LB

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary325 View Post
    @jm_bc_
    I was looking at the Truxedo (LoPro or Truxport). It rolls up close to the rear window which gives full view out that window. LoPro has minimum vertical increase in the bed rails height. Truxport has minimum horizontal reduction in the bed width.
    I might be over-thinking this, but I have time before I hitch up. Not going anywhere right now.
    A little of topic: You might look at the Retrax covers they are a roll type cover. You do lose a small amount of bed space because of the box the cover rolls into, but, it's flush and looks great. I'll post pictures on Friday when we load up the truck to go pick up our 320MKS, if y'all are interested.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just joined this site as we prepare to purchase a Momentum 351M. We will be upgrading from a F350 SRW to either an F350 DRW or F450. One of the F350's on my radar does not have the 5th wheel prep package, but after searching, discovered you can buy the kit From a Ford dealer for around $500, and other than having to take the bed off, install seems pretty straight forward.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadDogPSD View Post
    We just joined this site as we prepare to purchase a Momentum 351M. We will be upgrading from a F350 SRW to either an F350 DRW or F450. One of the F350's on my radar does not have the 5th wheel prep package, but after searching, discovered you can buy the kit From a Ford dealer for around $500, and other than having to take the bed off, install seems pretty straight forward.
    If it were me I would not put a factory 5th wheel prep package in. And I specifically ordered my truck with it. What I have found out since is that the factory options cannot use an offset ball, while the B&W turnover product can. The caveats to this are I use an Andersen hitch, and have a Ram Mega cab with the 6'4" bed. If you are going with a long bed either would work. If you are you planning to use a traditional 5th wheel hitch I do not know the implications of B&W vs OEM. Also factoring into this is whether you go with a Reese Goosebox, now or in the future.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadDogPSD View Post
    I would find a truck with the factory 5th wheel prep. You not only get the pucks and gooseneck provisions but you get the factory electrical box up on the bedside and it will also include the plug for the yaw sensor for the pro trailer backup assist option available on the 20's and up. This is absolutely the coolest thing ever invented for towing. We all know how to back up these trailers but this makes it so much better. Trust me you will love sticking 40+ feet of trailer in a tight site on the first try, it makes you a campground God while people watch lol!!
    Last edited by Txfivver; 01-09-2021 at 10:50 AM.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get the B & W Turnover Ball. It takes 2-3 hours to install with help (I've installed two of them). When you need the truck bed, just pull the lever over the left-rear wheel and pull out the ball. Thanks it. All that's left is a 2.5 inch or so hole in the bed.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    If it were me I would not put a factory 5th wheel prep package in. And I specifically ordered my truck with it. What I have found out since is that the factory options cannot use an offset ball, while the B&W turnover product can. The caveats to this are I use an Andersen hitch, and have a Ram Mega cab with the 6'4" bed. If you are going with a long bed either would work. If you are you planning to use a traditional 5th wheel hitch I do not know the implications of B&W vs OEM. Also factoring into this is whether you go with a Reese Goosebox, now or in the future.
    We will most likely get a DRW so, with Ford, long bed is the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I would find a truck with the factory 5th wheel prep. You not only get the pucks and gooseneck provisions but you get the factory electrical box up on the bedside and it will also include the plug for the yaw sensor for the pro trailer backup assist option available on the 20's and up. This is absolutely the coolest thing ever invented for towing. We all know how to back up these trailers but this makes it so much better. Trust me you will love sticking 40+ feet of trailer in a tight site on the first try, it makes you a campground God while people watch lol!!
    Did not know this! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Get the B & W Turnover Ball. It takes 2-3 hours to install with help (I've installed two of them). When you need the truck bed, just pull the lever over the left-rear wheel and pull out the ball. Thanks it. All that's left is a 2.5 inch or so hole in the bed.
    B & W makes good stuff!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jm_bc_ View Post

Cheers, Josh
    Love the BakFlip MX4 .... and B&W
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNevs View Post
    We have the goosebox and love it. My suggestion though is get an air pump such as the viair just in case the internal bag loses air over time.

If you go that route then just have a local place install a B&W turn over ball and call it good.

Lots of options for your truck but the B&W can offer the goosebox or a companion traditional hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I second this. We have a B&M with the companion hitch. It’s heavy but well built, very secure, and now I know why the government doesn’t require safety chains with a fifth wheel hitch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast