User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look for a new truck make sure it has a tow package. In my Silverado there is a sticker in the glove box with all the build codes such as my truck has a 4.10 rear end. This increase your towing capability exponentially. Get familiar with those codes. My truck is rated at 1,4000lbs to tow a 5ver which I am now towing 10,000 GVR .Excellent towing match for this truck.. My payload is over 3,000lbs. It is a 4x2 which also makes a big difference. I have a 6.0 motor which is a workhorse but was replaced this year with new V8. I don't care about mileage. My truck has only been in the garage one time for repair in 90K miles. It uses no oil. If you like the larger turbo boost in the f150 line and it is equipped right it will more than handle you trailer. Good luck.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 Ram 2500 with the 8 speed and 6.4 Hemi 4x4 and 3.73 gear ratio. It has over 3k pounds of payload. I pull a 2600rb, and up thru the smoky mountains I get between 8-9mpg. When I go towards the coast where it’s flat I can get around 10. The truck does a great job pulling and handling the 2600rb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suber81083 View Post
    I have a 2019 Ram 2500 with the 8 speed and 6.4 Hemi 4x4 and 3.73 gear ratio. It has over 3k pounds of payload. I pull a 2600rb, and up thru the smoky mountains I get between 8-9mpg. When I go towards the coast where it’s flat I can get around 10. The truck does a great job pulling and handling the 2600rb.

Thanks for this info. The Ram 2500 is also on the list of Trucks I’m
    Considering. I think I’m going to wait until the end of this year and try to make a deal on a left over 2021 as the 2022’s start to roll in.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the 2600RB and it is a great camper so far. Really, the only thing I don’t like about it is that you have to extend the slide to access the bedroom, but it is only a minor complaint. I am towing it with a F150 Super Crew 5.0 4X4 XLT (1960lbs payload) and so far has towed it without issue and is within all numbers. The standard V6 and the 2.7 liter F150 are on a lighter chassis and don’t have the same numbers as the 3.5 and 5.0 and once you add higher trim levels with more options, it impacts the numbers more. If you want a loaded truck, you will be better going with a 3/4 ton truck. If you are ok with less options there are plenty of 1/2 tons that can easily tow the 2600RB. The 3.5 with max tow package in XLT or Lariat trim would probably tow it very well, even better than my 5.0. I haven’t towed it enough to know what my fuel economy is going to average out to be, but it has ranged between 9.5-12.5 mpg so far.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suber81083,

Do you have the non air ride suspension ? If so, I was wondering how much if any does your rear squat when hooked up to your 2600RB ? Is the Ram 2500 pretty much leveled off with no load or does it have a rake ? My F150 has a 2 inch rake to the front and after hooking up the weight distribution hitch I have very little squat. I actually still maintain a rake to the front and I was wondering about the 3/4 ton trucks ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    Suber81083,

Do you have the non air ride suspension ? If so, I was wondering how much if any does your rear squat when hooked up to your 2600RB ? Is the Ram 2500 pretty much leveled off with no load or does it have a rake ? My F150 has a 2 inch rake to the front and after hooking up the weight distribution hitch I have very little squat. I actually still maintain a rake to the front and I was wondering about the 3/4 ton trucks ?
    Yes it pretty much just levels it out. I’ll try to find a picture with it hooked up without a weight distribution hitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I thought I had a picture but it was a picture with the WD hitch hooked up.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suber81083 View Post
    Sorry I thought I had a picture but it was a picture with the WD hitch hooked up.

No problem, just doing my homework now for my next truck.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am towing a 2021 2600RB with a 2017 Ram 1500, hemi and 3.21 gearing. Getting 9 to 10 mpg. I'm almost maxed out on payload, but it seems to tow and brake fine so I'm going to stick with my truck for now. I did install Sumo springs (helper springs) so it sits pretty level even without the equalizer bars hooked up. I also upgraded the rear tires
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have an Imagine 2650 and were towing it with a 1st Gen 3.5 F150. The new ride is a F250 with the 6.2 / 6-speed. The 7.3 / 10-speed is a new powertrain and I'll let others sort out any problems with it.
    Mileage on the F150 was 8.0MPG, a few trips with the F250 got me 8.8MPG.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast