User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV for your 2600RB or Equivalent Weighted Unit

I have read many threads but wanted to see if any one that is towing a similar weighted RV TT (GVWR-7800Lbs, but I tow at approx 6700lbs) switched from an 1/2 ton to a 3/4. I know there have been many folks that have and wondering if your tow mileage has gone up ? I had planned on keeping my F150 Screw w/2.7 Ecoboost for another year or two then going with the Full Hybrid Powerboost F150.
    I have recently been looking at 3/4 ton trucks online and the Gmc Sierra 2500 AT4 Gasser caught my eye and has my interest. I do not want the Diesel so I guess my questions are focused on the guys that went with the 6.6 Gas engine. I know from a Heavy Duty standpoint the 2500 will tow with much ease but how much if any did your mpg's go up ? I am getting right about 9.5-10 mpg with my F150 towing my GD 2600RB.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2014 Silverado 2500 with a gas 6.0. Good truck for towing but about the same MPG as you are getting now. This is GM new gas motor for 2500. I personally would not buy a 1st year out motor. I don't think mileage will go up since it is a bigger V8. It may have cylinder deactivation that could help? I am curious how well did your F150 handle you trailer and what WD hitch are you using? Funny I am think about Ford's larger Ecoboost and finding the trailer you have as my wife and I are going to scale down from a 5th wheel. Do you like the 2600RB. We like the floor plan.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk73400 View Post
    Do you like the 2600RB. We like the floor plan.
    We love our 2600RB.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How well did your F150 handle the 2600. Can you tell me what hitch you are using. Please note a 2500 will ride harder. Air in tires are 60psi in front and 70 rear.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2014 Silverado 2500 with a gas 6.0. Good truck for towing but about the same MPG as you are getting now. This is GM new gas motor for 2500. I personally would not buy a 1st year out motor. I don't think mileage will go up since it is a bigger V8. It may have cylinder deactivation that could help? I am curious how well did your F150 handle you trailer and what WD hitch are you using? Funny I am think about Ford's larger Ecoboost and finding the trailer you have as my wife and I are going to scale down from a 5th wheel. Do you like the 2600RB. We like the floor plan.

First off, We love our 2600RB. Was sold on it and the layout the minute we saw one on the lot. The one we looked at on the lot was sold and the dealer had one on order for build and we bought it. I think we waited about five weeks. So far, not problem one !! We have travelled about 2,000 miles with it. We have a week booked in the Keys in Feb, and in Va Beach in June. Prolly do a trip or two in between also.
    My 2019 F150 Screw STX/FX4 with the added Timbren Bump stops, TBC and the four way Equalizer tows it Well !! I am over weight on payload and total Combined Gross Weight. My Drive and Steer Axles are within limits. I think I was 70 pounds over on the Drive Axle last time I weighed at Cat Station. The Truck does not squat at all and in matter of fact, it retains a slight rake to the front which I like !!
    With that said, I had the New Powerboost Platinum in mind with the 7.2Kw Gen Set. The payload numbers I am seeing are sad giving the fact the PowerBoost Truck has a Beast of an Engine... 430/570 numbers. So as much as I do not want to go to the 2500 HD Truck, I find myself looking at them now. I know if I went that route I would never have to worry about payload/axle or towing weights.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    . . .
    I am over weight on payload and total Combined Gross Weight. My Drive and Steer Axles are within limits. I think I was 70 pounds over on the Drive Axle last time I weighed at Cat Station. . . .
    I’m Confused. Drive axle is within limits but also 70 lbs over at the Cat Station?

What is your GVWR?

We tow the 2600RB with 2017 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab (7200 GVWR). The only thing overweight is the driver.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    I’m Confused. Drive axle is within limits but also 70 lbs over at the Cat Station?

What is your GVWR?

We tow the 2600RB with 2017 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab (7200 GVWR). The only thing overweight is the driver.
    I should have said approx. My Steer was 3320, Drive 3420 (over 70Lbs this by white manufactures sticker on Truck/door jam) GCW was 13420, my Truck rated for 12,900 (GCVWR) so I was over on Gross Weight by 520 Lbs. I did have more Cargo and water in tank than I will usually carry so I'LL be able to trim that number down a bit.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also read about the power boost and when I saw the tow numbers it was disappointing. The chevy 2500 will ride better than the f250 it has an independent front suspension.
    I owned an f250 a while back and the ride rough. I sold it and went to a chevy 3500 when we fulltimed. Good luck with your choice.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also read about the power boost and when I saw the tow numbers it was disappointing. The chevy 2500 will ride better than the f250 it has an independent front suspension.
    I owned an f250 a while back and the ride rough. I sold it and went to a chevy 3500 when we fulltimed. Good luck with your choice.

As of now I am leaning toward the General Motors 2500 Gasser. In particular the Sierra 2500 AT4. I would not rule out the Ram 2500 Gasser also if the price was right. I am not Brand Specific but I like the looks of the Sierra AT4. I just received and installed aftermarket Tow Mirrors that manually extend out. The do however, have the Turn signal and heat feature. Very satisfied with them and a night day difference as far as the view of the road and blind spots. Have not towed the RV yet but know I will be very satisfied !! My half ton will have to do until I upgrade. The biggest add ons that were a must for me on this Truck were the Timbren Bump stops and the Trailer Brake Controller and these Tow Mirrors. I have 26000 miles on my P Rated Hankook AT2 Tires but thinking of going with the Extra Load (XL) Falken Wildpeak AT3W All Terrain Tires.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast