User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ram 2500 that I have is a good towing vehicle. The 8 speed works great. I was looking at it which is a bighorn level 2 package with the led light package, and the f250 gas xlt and comparing the 2 trucks I got a lot more amenities with the ram than the Ford. I would’ve had to go to a Lariat to get the same stuff on the Ram level 2 bighorn. But if price was no object I would have went with Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 2600rb and am now towing with a 2018 Ram 2500 diesel. I am a conservative driver, California law is 55mph, I tow right on 60mph and my mileage is great. Love going out of state, with faster limits, it is a very happy rig.
    My average mileage is a about 14.5 mpg, overall. I tow in 5th gear because I have a high rear axle ratio, 3:42. Pulling at 60 engine turns 1600rpm uphill, downhill very seldom shifts.
    I found this truck in 2019 brand new for $41,000, nicely equipped. Would not trade it for another tow vehicle. Has about 10,000 miles towing no problems.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FedMill View Post
    I have read many threads but wanted to see if any one that is towing a similar weighted RV TT (GVWR-7800Lbs, but I tow at approx 6700lbs) switched from an 1/2 ton to a 3/4. I know there have been many folks that have and wondering if your tow mileage has gone up ? I had planned on keeping my F150 Screw w/2.7 Ecoboost for another year or two then going with the Full Hybrid Powerboost F150.
    I have recently been looking at 3/4 ton trucks online and the Gmc Sierra 2500 AT4 Gasser caught my eye and has my interest. I do not want the Diesel so I guess my questions are focused on the guys that went with the 6.6 Gas engine. I know from a Heavy Duty standpoint the 2500 will tow with much ease but how much if any did your mpg's go up ? I am getting right about 9.5-10 mpg with my F150 towing my GD 2600RB.
    I made the switch from a half ton (F150) to 3/4 (2019 Chevy 2500 HD gasser). The towing experience is so much better. Mileage while towing is pretty much the same (around 9mpg). Of course, mileage when not towing is quite a bit less. Still, to me it's worth it since my 2600RB tows so much easier.
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LT Crew Cab, Vortec 6L V8, 4.10 Rear Axle
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000# Hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ulmer View Post
    I made the switch from a half ton (F150) to 3/4 (2019 Chevy 2500 HD gasser). The towing experience is so much better. Mileage while towing is pretty much the same (around 9mpg). Of course, mileage when not towing is quite a bit less. Still, to me it's worth it since my 2600RB tows so much easier.
    Is that Chevy the new 6.6 or the older 6.0? You've described exactly what I'm planning on doing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    Is that Chevy the new 6.6 or the older 6.0? You've described exactly what I'm planning on doing.
    It's the 6.0. I've never run into anything it couldn't handle, although my mountain experience with this TV is limited (but not zero).
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LT Crew Cab, Vortec 6L V8, 4.10 Rear Axle
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000# Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been towing our 2600RB for 2 years with my Ram Rebel Hemi 4x4 w/14,400 Equal-i-zer hitch and average 10mpg. Very stable. I've considered going with a F250 and Godzilla engine but we decided to go the Class C route when our oldest cat dies and we hit the road with the 2 other cats. LOVE the 2600RB!
    Howard & Ellen

2018 RAM Rebel Hemi 27700 miles
    2018 Imagine 2600RB 10704 miles
    Equal-i-zer 14,000 hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outbackwack View Post
    I've been towing our 2600RB for 2 years with my Ram Rebel Hemi 4x4 w/14,400 Equal-i-zer hitch and average 10mpg. Very stable. I've considered going with a F250 and Godzilla engine but we decided to go the Class C route when our oldest cat dies and we hit the road with the 2 other cats. LOVE the 2600RB!

Well, today I ordered a set of new shoes for the 2600RB tow Vehicle as the F150 will be the TV for another year or so... I ordered a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3W in oem size 275/55/20 however, I went with the Extra Load Rated Tires. I drive on the beach here where we live in North Florida so I wanted a more Aggressive All Terrain Tire along with a stiffer/stronger sidewall while towing the RV. After much research, I felt like the Wildpeak AT3W XL fit the bill ! I will have them installed tomorrow morning and I believe they will be a nice upgrade from the Hankooks.

,,,will report back when I have some miles driven on them,,,

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, today I ordered a set of new shoes for the 2600RB tow Vehicle as the F150 will be the TV for another year or so... I ordered a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3W in oem size 275/55/20 however, I went with the Extra Load Rated Tires. I drive on the beach here where we live in North Florida so I wanted a more Aggressive All Terrain Tire along with a stiffer/stronger sidewall while towing the RV. After much research, I felt like the Wildpeak AT3W XL fit the bill ! I will have them installed tomorrow morning and I believe they will be a nice upgrade from the Hankooks.

,,,will report back when I have some miles driven on them,,,
    I put e-rated KO2s on my silverado before the first tow and have been considering going back to the p-rated tires. The tires have been great but they're very heavy by comparison (55lbs vs 36lbs roughly) and I feel that weight in lost acceleration and mpgs. It easily cost me 1-2 mpg in normal driving.

Since we live in the same general area, I'll be curious how you come out. Did you feel like the softer sidewalls were causing issues?

2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    I put e-rated KO2s on my silverado before the first tow and have been considering going back to the p-rated tires. The tires have been great but they're very heavy by comparison (55lbs vs 36lbs roughly) and I feel that weight in lost acceleration and mpgs. It easily cost me 1-2 mpg in normal driving.

Since we live in the same general area, I'll be curious how you come out. Did you feel like the softer sidewalls were causing issues?

TheGuy,
    I went with what they call the “I between People and alt Rated”. I am extremely satisfied thus far. They are C/6 Ply Rated. I have not lost any mpg whatsoever. Actually, it’s looking like I have improved some,,,
    I am trying to upload a few pics,,,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TheGuy,
    I went with what they call the “I between People and alt Rated”. I am extremely satisfied thus far. They are C/6 Ply Rated. I have not lost any mpg whatsoever. Actually, it’s looking like I have improved some,,,
    I am trying to upload a few pics,,,
    SORRY FOR THE TYPOS ABOVE. I meant to say the XL rated I have is the ''in-between the P and Lt Rated Tire'' (They are C/6 Ply Rated) I have them aired to 40 Psi and the ride is very smooth and planted. I will air them up some more while towing my RV which is about 6700 loaded to travel. I will prolly get them up to 45 Psi. They are rated for 50 Psi Max.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast