User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from SoCal

Schatz and I are awaiting delivery of our 2600RB. Retirement is just over the horizon and we're planning to relocate near kids in Bedford, TX. However, the kids warned us that TX has a quota for CA immigrants and we may have to go on a wait list. We're considering full time RVn for a year or so, but that's TBD. We've tent'd (Schatz gave up the tent years ago) all over New England but this is a big step for us. I've learned a lot just reading through the forum. We've already received excellent advice from Rivercityjeff.
    TightLineJack

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TightLineJack View Post
    ... However, the kids warned us that TX has a quota for CA immigrants and we may have to go on a wait list. ...
    Seriously?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the 3rd time I've read this in 2 weeks (not on here) but I haven't been able to find anything official though.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... However, the kids warned us that TX has a quota for CA immigrants and we may have to go on a wait list. ...

NO, not serious. Just jest from our kids. We're originally from NH and moved to SoCal for my work. Our kids think we lost our New England roots by living in CA these last 5 years. Sorry for my poor attempt at humor.
    TLJ

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TightLineJack View Post

NO, not serious. Just jest from our kids. We're originally from NH and moved to SoCal for my work. Our kids think we lost our New England roots by living in CA these last 5 years. Sorry for my poor attempt at humor.
    TLJ
    Sadly, I'm not sure what to expect out of Texas these days, so I had to check.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally... Picked up our new 2600RB from the dealer in Ft Worth 8 Feb. Stayed overnight at Lake Mineral Wells state park 8 & 9 Feb. Temps were in the 20s but we were comfortable. Everything worked well except the driver, me. I practiced for about an hour in a parking lot near the dealer. I should have practiced a bit more; it took 10 or more tries to get into the the slip at the RV park. Juliet is now in covered storage awaiting our next adventure. This is our first venture in RVing. We tent camped all over New England with the kids and grandchildren. I though it would be an easy step to RVing. The more I learn, the more I understand how much more there is to learn. Joined this forum at the suggestion of the dealer and glad I did. I've read hundreds of posts and watched about 50 videos. So... THANK YOU! And a special thanks to RiverCityJeff.