User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thermostat search

The thermostat in our 2020 Imagine 2450RL is the digital type and doesn’t provide a mode that allows the AC fan while in heat mode, (ie, similar to a residential (TS).
    I purchased the analog model (7330*385*) while it works and appeared to have a manual fan setting, in actuality it has no function when Heat Mode is selected.
    I’ve research the forum but didn’t find anything conclusive.
    Customer support a GD said they couldn’t offer any replacement types but suggested to look into the Dometic thermostats. Dometic type TS seem to require an additional component to operate with the Coleman-Mach unit.
    I’m awaiting some feedback for Airxcel on any other any thermostat choices that will allow the AC fan to work when in heat mode.
    Can anyone offer and guidance on what TS would provide this option. The AC is a Colman Mach and a Suburban Heater
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)
    2018 GMC 1500 Sierra, SLT Z71 4X4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 2020 2450rl. Did you ever find a replacement thermostat? We hate the one the trailer came with.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've just ordered and received the thermostat by MicroAir , https://www.microair.net/ I haven't installed it but I did confirm with MicroAir that it will operate the the fan in the a/c while the heater is on. I did some research Coleman didn't have any recommendations. And I couldn't validate any other brands would work with the Colman a/c and a 12v system.. We just got back from an extended trip in Gatlinburg and it got a little chilly and was generally uncomfortable most of the time. My thought is to have air circulate continuously distribute heated air to keep it comfortable. They are a little pricey, I did find a code for 15% off. Once I get it installed I will post an update but probably not till after the holidays.
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=I will post an update but probably not till after the holidays.[/QUOTE]

I installed the Micro Air Thermostat and initially I like how it operates. Really simple installation.
    It does allow the A/C fan to run while the gas heater is on which is the main reason we went with this one.
    While I've not given it a lot of run time, I'm fairly confident it will perform reasonably well. We are planning a trip in the near future and will report back.
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the display go off or at least dim. Seems like it might be bright. Have you tried the bluetooth on it?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are running the furnace and also run that rooftop A/C in FAN ONLY mode you realize that you are now pulling the warmer heater air inside up through the A/C overhead returns and then back out ... If this is a ducted A/C then all you are doing is cooling the air the furnace just heated up

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    If you are running the furnace and also run that rooftop A/C in FAN ONLY mode you realize that you are now pulling the warmer heater air inside up through the A/C overhead returns and then back out ... If this is a ducted A/C then all you are doing is cooling the air the furnace just heated up
    That ^^^^ is a very good point.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Does the display go off or at least dim. Seems like it might be bright. Have you tried the bluetooth on it?
    Yes, it does dim. No I haven't set up the the bluetooth or WiFi yet.
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    We typically prefer air circulating inside all the time and find when the heater is on it gets we find it is too hot and stuffy especially in the bedroom.
    So the intent is to mix the hot air (rises) through out the camper with the a/c fan (low speed). Sort of like our home central a/c & furnace system.
    The 2450RL has 4 vents , 2 in RL area, bathroom and bedroom all at floor level.
    May not be efficient but meets with our comfortability.
    We are from the south and tend to minimize our winter travels in real cold climates.
    We have used a space heater with the AC fan prior and felt a little more comfortable.

I understand some put heat strips in the a/c ductwork to accomplish similar but we will try this first.

We needed a better thermostat anyway since the original digital was very good to begin with.
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)