Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone

Thanks for all the helpful posts.

I can certainly fix all the issues myself and have taken care of a couple of them.

The dealer is not too far from my home and I still have a $100 shopping spree coupon to use, so I am working up a punch list and I will figure out what I will handle and what I will ask them to do. I actually haven’t towed the trailer yet because my Ram 1500 didn’t come with a brake controller. I just got one from Mopar and having it installed soon. The drive to the dealer will be good practice!

We won’t truly know if we have any serious issues until we de-winterize and take our trip to Ft Wildrness.

I will stay in touch with the group and appreciate the offers for future advice/assistance

Stay safe everybody

Jeff

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jboleske View Post
    Hi everyone

Thanks for all the helpful posts.

I can certainly fix all the issues myself and have taken care of a couple of them.

The dealer is not too far from my home and I still have a $100 shopping spree coupon to use, so I am working up a punch list and I will figure out what I will handle and what I will ask them to do. I actually haven’t towed the trailer yet because my Ram 1500 didn’t come with a brake controller. I just got one from Mopar and having it installed soon. The drive to the dealer will be good practice!

We won’t truly know if we have any serious issues until we de-winterize and take our trip to Ft Wildrness.

I will stay in touch with the group and appreciate the offers for future advice/assistance

Stay safe everybody

Jeff
    Jeff,

Where are you located? We might be able to recommend some short local trips.

If possible you might want to do your first trip to a local state park like we did. That way you could check out the camping spot first before the actual trip and learn to set up locally. You will be close to home in case you find you needed something you forgot.

We have been Floridians since 1970 after getting out of the Air Force. We never took OUR RV to Ft Wilderness but decades ago we stayed there and rented one of their Fleetwood Trailers at the Fort when our daughter was young. The place was immaculate and the staff was awesome.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 01-03-2021 at 03:59 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jerry.

We are based in NJ, so not many options for an overnight trip as everything is closed for the season.

We will do a couple of short trips to get used to the hitching and unhitching process. Great suggestion.

My daughter and husband are coming with us so I am not too concerned about getting stranded and such. Invested in Good Sam Roadside assistance too!

Hope to run into some of you one of these days. (After we park the rig of course!!)

Thanks

Jeff

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flush the water system of antifreeze while you diligently look for leaks before you unbypass the hot water heater
    You don’t want antifreeze in it
    They likely un did the plug in the hot water heater and may have left low point drains open

I would get prepared and watch videos if not knowledgeable

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks NB. Have watched a lot of videos but non on de-winterizing yet. Great suggestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just picked up our 2400BH yesterday. Being winter, I didn’t get to check the plumbing, but despite looking at every nook and cranny with a magnifying glass, only found one kitchen cabinet that was slightly misaligned causing the latch not to work, and another cabinet in the bathroom where the screw holding the door on free-spun. The mechanic assisting me with the inspection commented on it being the most in-depth and longest time anyone has taken before in his three years there. He was a good sport about it though.
    No doubt other issues will be found when we actually get to use it, but hearing about other’s experiences I might have gotten lucky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12