User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dec 2020. Just got our bh2400. A little disappointed

We took delivery of our first RV just over a week ago. It’s a beauty overall but it seems like there was some careless finish work - mostly cosmetic. Weatherstripping around door cockeyed, cargo door pulls open when locked, some loose trim, etc.

I’m sure the dealer will address, and we expect to have a great experience on our first trip in February to Fort Wilderness, but has anyone taken delivery recently and had these issues? Maybe I was expecting too much?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Jeff

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. The issues seem minor in nature and should be an easy fix whether you or the dealer make the repairs. Unfortunately, that's how the RV industry is, slap them together as fast as possible. Try to make the best of it and enjoy the new rig! One a side note, Ft Wilderness is great, cleanest campground and friendliest staff (cast members) you will encounter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard.
    Always remember the RV mantra.......some assembly required.
    It will make life a lot easier.
    Good luck.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Jeff, Congratulations on your Imagine 2400BH. I picked up our 2800BH on 12-21-20 from a local dealer and I already had several things that i had to adjust. Both sinks were leaking water from the plumbing so i had to hand tighten the plastic nut under sinks. The shower drain was also leaking I had to hand tighten the nut so it would stop leaking. The shower door wouldn’t close so I modified the handle so it would stay in the lock position. I agree with FT4NOW some can be fixed by you and save the time of towing your tt to the dealer. If you have any questions please let me know. I also added a Maxair vent protector to one of the vents, a couple of magazine racks, paper towel dispensers and a occupied sign on the restroom door since the knob doesn’t have a lock. Enjoy your trailer travel.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2010 Ford Expedition

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great opportunity for you to deal with these issues yourself imo
    We picked ours up in November and won’t have an opportunity to inspect things until the spring
    Our past Jayco on our first trip leaked water from all the p traps. They were not right at all
    So water will be my first job. Make sure every inch is inspected and tightened
    I would suggest you learn to winterized and dewinterize your rig yearly. It isn’t that difficult and you gain a ton of knowledge of the system to be able to fix in the future
    My dealer is 1300 km away so I will likely never see them again ever
    Have fun with your new rig

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things like that should have really been caught by a proper PDI at the dealer. BUT, as I found out talking to GD before we bought our trailer, dealers determine what/how they PDI a unit. Some dealers may have a very thorough PDI, some may be very brisk in their PDI. I asked the dealer we bought from if I could see their PDI checklist beforehand. He supplied me with a 138 point checklist. I went through a fair amount of them myself before we drove off with it. Perhaps the dealer you bought from had one of the quicker PDI routines.
    As mentioned by others, I would fix those issues myself. The time to drive it to the dealer and a few days or weeks later going to get it would take more of my time than adjusting the locks and refastening the trim in my driveway.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new rig. I have the exact one. We have had a few things, most fixed myself. Screw which retains bedroom door snapped off (replaced with a sturdier solution with dampening material, separation of lamination by outdoor kitchen, wobbly dinette table (dealer gave us a new one), other than that, no issues. But be prepared to take care of the easy things yourself. Comparing mine to all by camping friends, I'm convinced GD has a better camper and better service.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2400
    2019 F150 XLT 4x4, 3.5 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jboleske View Post
    We took delivery of our first RV just over a week ago. It’s a beauty overall but it seems like there was some careless finish work - mostly cosmetic. Weatherstripping around door cockeyed, cargo door pulls open when locked, some loose trim, etc.

I’m sure the dealer will address, and we expect to have a great experience on our first trip in February to Fort Wilderness, but has anyone taken delivery recently and had these issues? Maybe I was expecting too much?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Jeff
    The dealer will not proactively address anything unless you bring it to their attention and make an appointment. Unfortunately if you accepted it at delivery without having the dealer correct it, I would recommend you press the dealer for an appointment to make the repairs. If you are relying on the dealer to follow up with you, you may be in for a long wait. We did a full pre delivery inspection and documented all issues with the dealer and required repair/correction of all issued before we were willing to take delivery. Everyone's experience is a little different with their dealer.

Welcome to the forum
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff,

Welcome to the RV world. Your stated issues are typical. If you feel competent enough to do the repairs yourself have at it.

When we picked up our rv’s we did a thorough walk through and spent 2 nights camped in their delivery area. At the PDI we found the entrance door required way too much slamming to close. They immediately brought it to their “body shop” and realigned the door and frame.

After we took showers the next morning we found a small puddle in the pass through A tech came out and diagnosed it as a poor caulking of the shower door frame.

A few months later our water heater quit heating and displayed a dsi light. I trouble shot it to a defective circuit board. I bought one off Amazon, and called Atwood/Dometic. They paid to return the defective board to confirm it was bad and sent us a check for the Amazon board and for shipping the bad board to them.

The only other issue we had in 3+ years of ownership was heaters in recliners failed out of warranty and the ac thermostats were flaky. Dometic sent us new touch screen covers for the thermostats. We live without the recliner heaters.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jboleske View Post

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Jeff
    To answer your question, you were expecting too much. RVs are not like buying a new car. There will be issues.

Have your dealer look at the cargo slam latch issue. I have that problem on one of mine and not sure how to correct. I know how I should correct it but it will be some work.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast