User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love ours, cooked fries, turnovers, cookies and a few other things. Might want to check, our 2019 reflection had a recall(advisory) on ours. They removed and put a reflective shield behind it to prevent from heat transfer to walls and cabinets. Seems better now.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convection Oven

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCarr View Post
    Hey has anyone with the convection microwave done any cooking with the convection? My wife and I were out this past week and tried to toast some bread (didn’t have a toaster). Well it didn’t quite work but made us wonder what can you cook in a convection oven?
    Any ideas are welcome.
    I use mine all the time. I hardly ever use my conventional oven. The convection is much more reliable and does not have hot spots that burn like the oven. It won't toast though. Rule of thumb is to reduce recipe temp by 25º or reduce the cook time.

Good luck. Happy cooking and RVing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a furrion in our 2019 375. Unfortunately the convection worked much like the gas oven in ours, it burned food on one side and practically raw on the other. Our gas can differ in temp by 100 degrees without touching the door. I would have used the turntable in our convection but in the directions it specifically said not to use it which I found odd. I got rid of the furrion and went with a kitchen aid. It is larger on the inside and works perfectly!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a convection oven cook book!
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCarr View Post
    Hey has anyone with the convection microwave done any cooking with the convection? My wife and I were out this past week and tried to toast some bread (didn’t have a toaster). Well it didn’t quite work but made us wonder what can you cook in a convection oven?
    Any ideas are welcome.
    DW uses her totally and not the oven. It took her a few months to get good at it, but she got there.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Convection cooking is the only way to go - We have a Jenair Dual oven in our home, I had never used convection before we purchased this home with it. (Air Circulated Oven Cooking) It is great, mostly even cooking, vs conventional oven. That said, we do use the Convection/Microwave in our camper, however mostly just for small quick frozen pizza, meals etc. When @ Camp, we almost exclusively cook with a Smoker, outdoor kitchen etc. The Smoker is basically the same concept, air circulated oven, only with wood - Love the flavor for almost anything even baked potato's. I have tried all the different woods Pecan is my favorite. Cooking outside, well we are Camping - lol - Plus keeps the food smells down in the camper.

I think the Convection is great, Microwave is a good warmer, however never use it to cook an entire meal as we have better options as stated above! We did just purchase a Ninja Air Fryer at home - This thing is awesome - Have only cooked a few things, however every thing from Fires, Tator tots (The Bomb) burgers & steaks have been great! Same concept, love this thing & will probably add one for our Camper outdoor kitchen!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word of note. Grand Design came out with a service kit for the convection microwave. Some owners were getting discoloration on the wall behind the oven when using the convection feature. You might check to see if that mod has been done. What it is, is a thick aluminum foil doubler that goes on the wall behind the microwave. Rather than take your rig to a dealer you can request that it be sent to you. Installing it will require dropping the microwave. Would be a two person job to be safe. The convection feature uses high heat and probably wouldn't be something to use dry camping.
    Enjoy, and stay safe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Rtfm!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound 7 View Post
    Get a convection oven cook book!
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

I was sitting here reading these responses thinking RTFM!

No offense, and I am a senior with learning difficulties about new technology too, but there is so much info on line about how to use a convection oven, it is child's play.

Its a regular heating oven, with a stirring fan for more even heat distribution, that's it.

As long as you read how to push the buttons, you should be good to go, and yes it browns more evenly, heats more evenly, and uses less energy (I hear).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123