User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King Pin Lock and Pullrite Slider with Pin Capture plate

I just purchased an expensive AMPlock for my new 295rls (not picked up yet). I am told that the capture plate is in the way of connecting most king pin locks on the Pullrite. Can anyone provide some knowledge in this area. I really do not wish to remove the capture plate every time I want to put the lock on the king pin. If that is the case then I assume a Demco slider would be a better alternative. Is this correct? Thank you for your comments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo View Post
    I just purchased an expensive AMPlock for my new 295rls (not picked up yet). I am told that the capture plate is in the way of connecting most king pin locks on the Pullrite. Can anyone provide some knowledge in this area. I really do not wish to remove the capture plate every time I want to put the lock on the king pin. If that is the case then I assume a Demco slider would be a better alternative. Is this correct? Thank you for your comments
    I have a Pullrite 4400 and a capture plate on my Reflection 26RL. The Capture plate comes off and goes on in a few seconds. Probably as fast as you take off and on you AMPlock.

I like my Pullrite and have had zero problems with it.

My 2-cents
    Kristin & John
    2018 Reflection 26RL "Tailwagger ", 4-100Ah SOK Batteries
    2021 F350 Lariat 7.3 CC SB SRW “Big Red”, Pullrite SuperLite 2600
    Previous
    2014 Montana Mountaineer 310RET
    2012 F350 XLT 6.2 CC SB SRW, Pullrite SuperGlide 4400

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnEM38 View Post
    I have a Pullrite 4400 and a capture plate on my Reflection 26RL. The Capture plate comes off and goes on in a few seconds. Probably as fast as you take off and on you AMPlock.

I like my Pullrite and have had zero problems with it.

My 2-cents
    Thanks John. Do you have the universal plate with one screw or the plate with 4 screws. If you have the the one screw plate do you feel it is sufficiently strong enough?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't purchase the most expensive pin lock ($40-50 dollars). But I just notched it around the screw using my bench grinder. So it fits up to the capture plate and around the pin, easy on, easy off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks John. Do you have the universal plate with one screw or the plate with 4 screws. If you have the the one screw plate do you feel it is sufficiently strong enough?
    I have the capture plate 331705 with one screw in the front and yes it is strong enough. Capture plate does twist a little(1/4” side to side)while pulling due to the single screw but you never feel it. After 7 years, I finally had to replaced the plastic block with a steel one. FYI, I always take the capture plate off when I take it to have work done at the dealer. Most do not look when they try to move it and will damage the plate.

My one dislike about the hitch is when the trailer is not hitched, the hitch will slide back and forth when you start and stop. So I’m looking at moving to the Pullrite Superlite 1P once the new truck comes in.
    Last edited by JohnEM38; 01-02-2021 at 06:21 AM.
    Kristin & John
    Previous

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the capture plate 331705 with one screw in the front and yes it is strong enough. Capture plate does twist a little(1/4” side to side)while pulling due to the single screw but you never feel it. After 7 years, I finally had to replaced the plastic block with a steel one. FYI, I always take the capture plate off when I take it to have work done at the dealer. Most do not look when they try to move it and will damage the plate.

My one dislike about the hitch is when the trailer is not hitched, the hitch will slide back and forth when you start and stop. So I’m looking at moving to the Pullrite Superlite 1P once the new truck comes in.
    Thank you John. I appreciate your long years of experience with this hitch. Are you getting the 8 ft box on the new truck to use with the Superlite, or sticking with the short box? Will you be able to make a 90 degree backup with the Suerlite and short box? Also is Grand Design okay with this type of hitch and won`t affect the warranty? I`m reading about the Anderson hitch and I am not sure about GD and the warranty regarding this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you John. I appreciate your long years of experience with this hitch. Are you getting the 8 ft box on the new truck to use with the Superlite, or sticking with the short box? Will you be able to make a 90 degree backup with the Suerlite and short box? Also is Grand Design okay with this type of hitch and won`t affect the warranty? I`m reading about the Anderson hitch and I am not sure about GD and the warranty regarding this.
    No, staying with Ford SB. I’m waiting for it to show up and do some measuring. If its identical to my 2012 then I’ll be okay. I have not checked with Grand Design as that is the last thing on my list to do. If Pullrite literature is accurate the Superlite 1P will sit back 8” which is enough room on a Ford SB. At least in my understanding.
    Kristin & John
    Previous

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, staying with Ford SB. I’m waiting for it to show up and do some measuring. If its identical to my 2012 then I’ll be okay. I have not checked with Grand Design as that is the last thing on my list to do. If Pullrite literature is accurate the Superlite 1P will sit back 8” which is enough room on a Ford SB. At least in my understanding.
    I traded in my 2017 F250 and ordered a 2021. I did this because the height of my 2017 was 60 inches at the tailgate and my new 295RL is 61 inches level. The dealership didn`t want to change the rear blocks from 3.5 inches back to 2 inches. Many 2017-19 Ford owners are complaining about the height of their trucks and the gap between the bed rails and the trailer. Ford has gone back to 2" blocks in 2020. I got an extremely good deal that I could not refuse in trading in my LARIAT CCSB. My wife agreed with me. Thank you for commenting on my questions.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Sorry but I am going back to this issue again now that I talked to Pullrite. The said the capture plate for my 150 series 295RL Turning Point Travelair pin box is in fact the wedge that is attached to the pin box when you buy the trailer. That wedge needs to be put against the king pin and torqued to 200 lbs. There is no actual plate that is held on by one screw or 4 screws as indicted in the Pullrite Capture plate inventory. I noticed there was a problem when I measured for the capture plate and measurement "A" was only 9 inches wide and I couldn`t find the corresponding quick connect plate #. Soooooo, I am back to the issue that the AMPlock cannot be put against the king pin plate with that 200 lb torqued wedge constantly being there.