User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of upgrading to 31g

I have a Imagine 2600rb TT now and we are thinking of upgrading to a Momentum 31g. We have a 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn 4x4 with the 6.4 Hemi and the payload rating is over 3k pounds. I’m just wondering who has experience with this setup combination? How does the truck handle it? Also what do you like and dislike about this trailer? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suber81083 View Post
    I have a Imagine 2600rb TT now and we are thinking of upgrading to a Momentum 31g. We have a 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn 4x4 with the 6.4 Hemi and the payload rating is over 3k pounds. I’m just wondering who has experience with this setup combination? How does the truck handle it? Also what do you like and dislike about this trailer? Thanks in advance.

We just got ours in November. Towing with a ‘11 F250 Powerstroke. I use a Equalizer 16k WD hitch and it’s worked great first trip. I definitely feel it behind me still, but no major sway.

I hate the fresh water tank over flow valves, they pour water out while driving. I installed shark bites to close them off while driving which fixed it. I think the GVWR is a too low for a fully loaded trailer. The solar/inverter option doesn’t power all the plugs in the trailer, which is annoying if you want to watch tv in the garage or bedroom. Can’t think of anything else off hand, but we love it and would make the same purchase.

‘21 Momentum 31G

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had our 31G for a month. Haven't camped in it yet but have done a bunch of pull testing using the Weigh Safe True Tow hitch. We have a Cummins powered '17 Ram dually. It's become very apparent from reading others experiences with the 31G that overkill on the hitch is a must. Ours has 1610 lbs. of tongue weight dry. 1250 lbs with our Talon in the garage and no water. Guessing it will be back to well over the 1610 once we have a full tank of water and everything loaded. The Weigh Safe has been fantastic. Trailer pulls perfectly.

We love the layout of the 31G. Half bath in the garage is great for us since we are SXS riders and plan on using the garage as a mud room. There are a few things that need attention but most are minor. There is an issue with the front cap but GD has been very proactive about getting us a new one. We're going into the dealer next month to get it changed. We are very happy with the 31G overall and feel like it's perfect for us.

Don't know if you do Facebook or not but we have a good group going just for the 29G and 31G. Tons of real world information thee. Love to have anyone join us! One of the guys on the FB group has as the same truck you have and the Weigh Safe hitch. He's had great experiences with that setup.

Here's a video review of the hitch from our YouTube channel. Other 31G videos are there as well and we are doing more all the time.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched the video and I’ve seen that hitch before but now I’m sold on it. It will be the next hitch I get. Thanks for the info and I’ll look the page up on Facebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 Ram 2500 we own an "06" Komfort K2. we did a lot of research on line, in forums and just plain looking around. We just purchased a 2021 Momentum 31G last month. I have quite the story, are ya ready? we live in NM and looked everywhere just to go see one. the Only place that had the 31G was Affinity in Prescott AZ. We took a trip up to check it out. looked it over and went through what we thought was everything. (Salesmen will be salesmen) by the end of the day we had put money down and made arrangements to come back in a couple weeks for orientation and final paperwork. 2 weeks later made the trip back went through their wanna be orientation asked a bunch of questions and down the road we go. The trip home was one of the most harrowing experiences of my life. I am 59 yrs old and have done what I think is a fair amount of towing. I felt like i was going to loose my newer truck and a brand new camper. I was all over the road. After sucking up the seat and white Knuckling My wife and I stopped at a pull out and readjusted the weight distribution hitch we brought ( Huskey 1200 lb) that's tongue weight. That is what the dealership stated the 31G had...WRONG!!! the 31G has a 1600 lb tongue weight. We went camping two weeks latter in the white mountains in AZ. Before we left we went to the Husky site and set up the hitch to the tee. WOW what a difference. The dealership set up the ball height of the truck 3.5 inches low. The Husky brand WD Hitch is a great product but way undersized for the 31G. please do some extensive research and be prepared because you might need to make a minor investment to protect a major investment. They damn sure don't make thing the way they used to. We will keep this trailer cause we really do like it. we will make it better. Just A Little Stress!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttaman View Post
    We have a 2018 Ram 2500 we own an "06" Komfort K2. we did a lot of research on line, in forums and just plain looking around. We just purchased a 2021 Momentum 31G last month. I have quite the story, are ya ready? we live in NM and looked everywhere just to go see one. the Only place that had the 31G was Affinity in Prescott AZ. We took a trip up to check it out. looked it over and went through what we thought was everything. (Salesmen will be salesmen) by the end of the day we had put money down and made arrangements to come back in a couple weeks for orientation and final paperwork. 2 weeks later made the trip back went through their wanna be orientation asked a bunch of questions and down the road we go. The trip home was one of the most harrowing experiences of my life. I am 59 yrs old and have done what I think is a fair amount of towing. I felt like i was going to loose my newer truck and a brand new camper. I was all over the road. After sucking up the seat and white Knuckling My wife and I stopped at a pull out and readjusted the weight distribution hitch we brought ( Huskey 1200 lb) that's tongue weight. That is what the dealership stated the 31G had...WRONG!!! the 31G has a 1600 lb tongue weight. We went camping two weeks latter in the white mountains in AZ. Before we left we went to the Husky site and set up the hitch to the tee. WOW what a difference. The dealership set up the ball height of the truck 3.5 inches low. The Husky brand WD Hitch is a great product but way undersized for the 31G. please do some extensive research and be prepared because you might need to make a minor investment to protect a major investment. They damn sure don't make thing the way they used to. We will keep this trailer cause we really do like it. we will make it better. Just A Little Stress!
    We have a Facebook group just for the 29G and 31G. Lots of real world experience there. Pretty much everyone has gone to the 20k pull/2k tongue weight Weigh Safe or Blue Ox. Too much hitch seems to be the right amount. It’s a shame that the dealers are mostly clueless on these trailers. You’ll see approximately 1800 - 1900lbs of tongue weight with full tanks and ready to camp. Our Honda Talon reduces the tongue weight to around 1500.
    Last edited by TerryH; 06-11-2021 at 07:54 AM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey