User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCamper View Post
    I want to do that too, looks great. Nice job!

‘21 Momentum 31G
    Thanks! Super easy to do.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really a mod but I wanted to give a shout out to Lippert customer service for getting me the missing parts for the patio awning. Our 31G was "supposed" to have the Carefree power rear awning but came instead with a Thule Crown manual awning. I contacted Grand Design about it and they told me it was a change on the line. Probably a supply issue since our 31G was at the very end of the production run.

I have no real issue with it and an added bonus of the Thule is that it has folding support arms that stow in the front cap. There was no manual for that awning in the bag so I located one online and saw that there was supposed to be brackets for the rear of the coach for those arms to snap into. Also there were supposed to be clips for crank handle storage that were also missing. My dealer contacted Grand Design about the issues and they could never even figure out that they even put that awning on the trailer. 2 different times I was asked to take photos of the awning and the tags on it. The dealer also sent the pages from the manual showing the missing parts to GD. Nothing was recorded in that section of the trailer's build sheet at all. The GD part person just kept telling the dealer that awning should not be on the trailer and they had no record of ever having that awning in stock.

After the dealer forwarded the lengthy email string between him and the GD parts person to me and told me he was at an impasse with GD, I finally gave up and called Lippert customer service myself. In no time they figured out what I needed and shipped the parts out for free. Received them yesterday. Impressed with Lippert customer service. Pretty disappointed with Grand Design on this deal. It's a bit disturbing to me that they built the trailer, made the change on the line and have no idea that they did it.

I'll be installing the parts this weekend.

Here's the support arms. Really glad to have them given how wimpy all of these awnings tend to be.

Last edited by TerryH; 01-20-2021 at 05:05 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terry, I’m about to order the shower door. Which corner style did you order? Square or round?
    ‘21 Momentum 31G

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlj75 View Post
    Terry, I’m about to order the shower door. Which corner style did you order? Square or round?
    Morning Carl. We got the square.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Saturday with some projects for the 31G. I got the Oxygenics Shower head installed. I also bought a shower faucet that matched the sink faucet but ended up just changing the handles on the original shower faucet. I like the look.

Finally had decent enough weather to swap out the original steps with the MoRyde storage box.

Put the original grab handle that I removed to add the extended one on the main door by the garage door. Also added some Harbor Freight solar powered led motion lights over the doors.

Got the LevelMatePRO installed in the cabinet above the TV. I can tell this is going to be a very handy little device.

My list is getting shorter.
    Last edited by TerryH; 01-23-2021 at 04:59 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also got the leg brackets on the back of the coach for the awning legs. I am really liking this setup. The awning feels very sturdy and stable with the legs attached.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Another Saturday with some projects for the 31G. I got the Oxygenics Shower head installed. I also bought a shower faucet that matched the sink faucet but ended up just changing the handles on the original shower faucet. I like the look.

Finally had decent enough weather to swap out the original steps with the MoRyde storage box.

Put the original grab handle that I removed to add the extended one on the main door by the garage door. Also added some Harbor Freight solar powered led motion lights over the doors.

Got the LevelMatePRO installed in the cabinet above the TV. I can tell this is going to be a very handy little device.

My list is getting shorter.
    Terry,
    Keep the mods coming! I appreciate all of the ideas.

Great idea on the outdoor lights. I’m going to have to look into those. Since my awning light strip is installed in the roller, I don’t have any overhead light unless the awning is out.

I noticed that you removed the stock handle at the garage door before you installed the lend-a-hand. How did you fill in the lower holes from the original handle? I ended up leaving that small handle on the trailer and mounted the lend-a-hand just above it because I didn’t want any holes to fill.

I installed the same shower head last week, but don’t like the stiff hose that came with it. If you find a more flexible hose that matches, please let me know. Have you used the shower yet? We went camping last weekend for the first time in the new trailer and found the shower knobs to be odd....one of them turns clockwise to turn on and the other turns counterclockwise. It seems weird and makes it tough to fine tune the temperature. Maybe it’s just me.

I ended up installing the Levelmate Pro+ in the front storage compartment, near the solar/inverter controller just in case I had to power cycle it before setting up without having to go inside the trailer. It worked great in conjunction with the Andersen levelers.
    ‘21 Momentum 31G

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlj75 View Post
    Terry,
    Keep the mods coming! I appreciate all of the ideas.

Great idea on the outdoor lights. I’m going to have to look into those. Since my awning light strip is installed in the roller, I don’t have any overhead light unless the awning is out.

I noticed that you removed the stock handle at the garage door before you installed the lend-a-hand. How did you fill in the lower holes from the original handle? I ended up leaving that small handle on the trailer and mounted the lend-a-hand just above it because I didn’t want any holes to fill.

I installed the same shower head last week, but don’t like the stiff hose that came with it. If you find a more flexible hose that matches, please let me know. Have you used the shower yet? We went camping last weekend for the first time in the new trailer and found the shower knobs to be odd....one of them turns clockwise to turn on and the other turns counterclockwise. It seems weird and makes it tough to fine tune the temperature. Maybe it’s just me.

I ended up installing the Levelmate Pro+ in the front storage compartment, near the solar/inverter controller just in case I had to power cycle it before setting up without having to go inside the trailer. It worked great in conjunction with the Andersen levelers.
    I placed the upper mount of the grab handle over the upper holes from the original handle after I sealed the holes. Filled the holes with white premium caulk. The lower ones barely show and I'm confident they are well sealed. My OCD would not allow me to leave the original one on the trailer.

We have not used the shower no opinion yet on the knobs. Hope to start camping in a month or so. Also hoping that original hose will loosed up some but we'll do something different if not.

I thought about putting the LevelMatePRO in the front compartment and might eventually move it there. I'm going to do the back wall mod like some others have done to gain that little bit of extra storage and will reevaluate after that.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few more little things for Sunday afternoon. Got the Duoform skylight shade installed in the shower. Super easy install. Works perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...NLaH4JsThCtFBQ

Got these little motion lights on Amazon for inside the bathroom and kitchen lower cabinets and the docking station. Bases have a magnet and they come with a metal disk with mounting tape on them but opted for the also supplied 2 side tape disk instead. Powered by 3 AAA batteries.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also added the Baker vent knobs and stick. Makes operating the vents very easy.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Continuing on....

The E Track install is complete. I've procrastinated for months on whether I should bolt it thru the floor or do lags. Finally went with 1 1/4" x 1/4" lags. I cut the E Track to fit our Honda Talon's footprints and installed it with the Erickson over the tire straps and E chocks in mind. There are 92 lags in pre-drilled holes holding the 4 pieces so I feel confident that it's not going anywhere. I used plastic caps to finish off the ends and plastic caps for the heads of the lags. Made for a pretty finished look and will hopefully minimize any trip hazard. I'm quite pleased with how it came out.

Here are the links to what was used:

E Track: https://www.dccargomall.com/e-track-...orizontal.html

End caps: https://www.uscargocontrol.com/Plast...EaAiklEALw_wcB

E Track wheel chocks: https://www.etrailer.com/E-Track/Erickson/EM09162.html

E Track over the tire straps: https://www.etrailer.com/E-Track/Erickson/EM59139.html

Bolt head caps: http://www.pro-dec.com/Black-Bolt-Ca...EXCAP-7-16-180

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82bZp8_7FhU

2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast