User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let the modding projects begin on our 31G

I have never been any good at leaving well enough alone so have several projects planned for our new 31G.

MORyde StepAbove steps and storage box

Lend-A Hand extended hand rails

Additional lights over the dinette in the garage

Bed mod to use a regular queen mattress

Upgrading to the MORyde CRE3000 equalizers and wet bolt shackles

Nautilus retracting shower door

Upgrade the shower spray wand

Toilet paper and towel holders in the barthrooms

Renogy 200ah hybrid gel battery

NOCO Group 4D battery box with mods

Battery monitor

Renogy suitcase solar panels

Go Power! GP-IC2000-12-PKG Pure Sine Wave Inverter with 100 amp Charger

LED underbody lighting

E track with over the tire tie downs and chocks in the garage

I'm sure there will be more but that's the list for now. lol...

Last edited by TerryH; 01-02-2021 at 03:04 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing to get done was changing out the folding steps to the MORyde Step Above STP-3-27-05H steps on the main entry door. I'll likely change the garage steps as well but not at this time. I'm adding the MORyde storage box as well. Weather was crappy so just did the steps and added the Lend-a-Hand extended hand rail and will wait on better weather to do the storage box. Super simple install on both items. The hand rail has the same footprint and the factory Lend-a-Hand hand rail so a simple matter of removing the original and replacing with the longer one. The extended handle does have 2 extra screws so I pre-drilled for those and added the extra screws.

The steps and the hand rail work well together and are a major upgrade from the stock parts. The steps protrude 8" farther from the coach so feel much less steep and are completely solid. My knees seem to like this upgrade.

Last edited by TerryH; 01-03-2021 at 08:54 AM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next on my list was to deal with the dungeon like darkness under the upper Happijac upper bed. We plan to use the couches and table as our dining area so added some much needed additional light. GD added a push light on the side wall and that helped but more is needed. I purchased a couple of led lights from Amazon and mounted them to the center of the bottom of the upper bunk.

I discovered that GD had pulled power down the wall from the attic for the factory push light on the wall so I fished a wire up that chase to establish how high I cold drill. Turned out to be just above the rail on the Happijac frame. I drilled there and fished my power wires up that same void and connected to the existing light. Sealed the hole with some almond caulk to match the wall board.

I bought a $5 12v extension cord from Harbor Freight. Cut the ends off and used it to span from the hole to the upper bunk. From there I ran the wiring and covered everything with split loom and secured it to the bunk.

Very happy with how it came out and the added light seems to be just about perfect.

Link to the lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Link to the coiled extension cord at Harbor Freight: https://www.harborfreight.com/9-ft-1...extension+cord
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next up is replacing the stock 12v 80ah trolling motor battery and battery box with a 200ah hybrid gel Renogy and Noco 4D battery box. I'm plenty aware of the lipo options but going with this for now. Doubt I'll change but have learned to never say never. Felt like this was a much better option vs 2 - 12v or 2 - 6v flooded batteries. Very nice to have a maintenance free battery with good capacity. I also have the Renogy 200 watt suitcase solar panels with controller to provide some battery charging and limit how much we have to run the generator. I'll also be adding a battery monitor and an inverter/charger at some point. My goal here is to be able to make coffee, watch a bit of TV and be able to have adequate 12v power if we need to run the heater thru the night and leave the genset off.

Apparently I never took my own picture of the battery box but here's a stock photo from Etrailer's site.

I modded the box quite a bit to work well with the battery. Added 1/4 x 2 steel bar stock to mount the box to the original mounts on the tongue. Added a SAE weatherproof pass thru so I can connect the solar. Cut 2 slots in the bottom of the box for a 1" camlock strap to secure the battery along with a piece of 2" aluminum angle as an end stop.

I'm pretty pleased with how it all came out. Battery box fits the space nicely.

Here's the video from our channel showing the mods and the box and battery mounted:

Links:

Battery box: https://www.etrailer.com/Battery-Box...329-HM408.html

Battery: https://www.renogy.com/deep-cycle-hy...12-volt-200ah/

SAE weatherproof pass thru: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SAE to male/female solar jumper: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Renogy suitcase solar panels: https://www.renogy.com/200-watt-ecli...olar-suitcase/

Renogy 20' solar extension cables: https://www.renogy.com/solar-panel-e...ar-connectors/
    Last edited by TerryH; 01-03-2021 at 06:16 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished the conversion to regular mattress in the main bedroom of our 31G toy hauler today. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. The Zinus 8" foam mattress still has a bit more to expand to full size but is a big improvement over the original. The flip up extension I made worked out well. I covered the remainder of the slide out base with the same charcoal felt that I put on the extension. 1" nylon straps with buckles worked out great to hold the extension vertical and the mattress is very flexible so very easy to get it in slide in position.

I'll link the video. All the links to everything used are in the show notes on the video.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also get some clear sealant and caulk around the base of all the cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom. Also caulk along any cabinet interfaces that touch the countertop. The particle board that they use in the cabinet facings is like a sponge, if any water spills onto the floor the cabinet face will soak it up and swell. Once that happens, it will not go back to normal. Eventually the edge peels away and it looks like crap. I had to repair several of my cabinets in the kitchen because this happened to them. Not a sexy mod, but it will help protect your cabinets.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Onto the next mod. The Nautilus retractable shower door. We chose the striped door. The size is 36"x65". That puts the top of the door right at the top of the enclosure. Super easy install. The canister and opposite side rail are held in place with 2 side tape. Little bit of a deal with how GD installed the shower. Those push pins on the sides are right where the tape needs to go. Someone in one of the Facebook groups said they put more pieces of 2 sided tape in-between the pins so I did the same. Worked out fine. Also could not get the caulk gun in-between the cannister and the vanity/cabinet so will buy a soft tube of caulk to take care of that tomorrow. I'm loving this shower door!

https://shop.stoett.com/nautilus-ret...-doors-for-rv/

The additional 2 sided tape worked out well as a spacer in-between the push pins.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoElkhounds View Post
    Also get some clear sealant and caulk around the base of all the cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom. Also caulk along any cabinet interfaces that touch the countertop. The particle board that they use in the cabinet facings is like a sponge, if any water spills onto the floor the cabinet face will soak it up and swell. Once that happens, it will not go back to normal. Eventually the edge peels away and it looks like crap. I had to repair several of my cabinets in the kitchen because this happened to them. Not a sexy mod, but it will help protect your cabinets.

DAN
    Thanks for the heads up Dan! I will get that taken care of.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Onto the next mod. The Nautilus retractable shower door. We chose the striped door. The size is 36"x65". That puts the top of the door right at the top of the enclosure. Super easy install. The canister and opposite side rail are held in place with 2 side tape. Little bit of a deal with how GD installed the shower. Those push pins on the sides are right where the tape needs to go. Someone in one of the Facebook groups said they put more pieces of 2 sided tape in-between the pins so I did the same. Worked out fine. Also could not get the caulk gun in-between the cannister and the vanity/cabinet so will buy a soft tube of caulk to take care of that tomorrow. I'm loving this shower door!

https://shop.stoett.com/nautilus-ret...-doors-for-rv/

The additional 2 sided tape worked out well as a spacer in-between the push pins.

I want to do that too, looks great. Nice job!

‘21 Momentum 31G

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Nice work. Since you posted this I will also point out the the end of the trim on the doors or slides that is near the shower are also particle board and will absorb moisture and swell. This happened on my bedroom slide on the upper end near the shower, the top is now swelled and bubbled from the years of absorbing shower moisture. It never got wet, it just swelled from the moisture present in the bathroom. You should treat the exposed ends of this trim with a good clear urethane, several coats to seal it off from moisture. Not the entire board, just the exposed ends!!

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast