User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange OneControl issue..... well, strange for me.

Hoping someone can chime in and maybe make some sense of this for me - if it is possible to make any sense of the OneControl panel.

I have a 2017 Momentum 376th. I've had it since new, and am very familiar with the OneControl system, how it works, all the connections, and how it controls devices.
    I am thinking that the issue is temperature related, but that it was does not make sense.
    I am currently staying in Southern Louisiana. It has gotten a bit "chilly" here at nights, but we haven't had a freeze yet.
    On two occasions, I have went to use the panel and it is non-responsive. All of the items are lit up as they should be when a connection is made, but when I push a button, nothing happens. At this same time, I go in to the app on my phone - it connects to the system, but nothing lights up as if nothing is connected.

Here is the confusing part - both times that it has happened, the temperature outside has been ohhh, roughly between 38-43 degrees (with a daily high of mid 50s and an low of maybe 32). Just out of curiosity, I turned the main heater on and let it run for about 5 min (to get some heat in the storage areas and below) and bingo! After re-booting everything came back up. ( I usually only run the fireplace, and maybe a space heater, so the main heat is not used)
    Funny thing is I spent all winter last year in the Midwest where temps got down to zero many times and I had no issues.

I just find it strange that electronics would be acting up at that temperature. I'm not an electrician or an electrical engineer though. I know and understand electrical, wiring, and connections - but don't know the science behind all of it.
    Any thoughts, suggestions or recommendations on what may be causing the issue, or what I could do to stop/correct it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it really is a temperature issue I would suspect a bad connection or crack in circuit board. Things expand and contract with different temperatures. I have not had any problems with my OneControl and have been down to 10 degrees. I'd call Lippert and see if they can help trouble shoot your problem.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73