Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vinyl furniture

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vinyl furniture

2018 Reflexion vinyl furniture is peeling and wearing away. Anyone have any suggestions? Can furniture be removed and replaced or reupholstered with fabric. How do you get it out of your RV? Help.
    Jeanne

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjurb7 View Post
    2018 Reflexion vinyl furniture is peeling and wearing away. Anyone have any suggestions? Can furniture be removed and replaced or reupholstered with fabric. How do you get it out of your RV? Help.
    Jeanne
    Are you talking about the theater seating/sofa? That's a known issue.

Lots of threads about this:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...77415&viewfull
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...205#post211205
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...434#post124434
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...r-coming-apart
    Last edited by livinthelife; 01-03-2021 at 05:58 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The OEM Lippert furniture is not vinyl - it's bonded leather. I wouldn't spend money having anything made by Lippert reupholstered, though. Most folks who replace furniture go find whatever suits their purposes that will fit in the door. All the OEM furniture comes apart and fits out the door. We replaced the sleeper sofa with two Ekornes Stressless recliners. My wife would LOVE to replace her theater seats with the small Ekornes sofa we have in storage, but it's not a fit for that space. As @livinthelife said, use the search function and you'll find many threads on this topic.

BTW - it's "Reflection."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seat backs come off. Most all recliners backs come off. They're made that way for transport. You can stack many more in a freight car or cargo van that way.
    Stay away from RV furniture. Go to your local better quality furniture stores and shop around.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    The seat backs come off. Most all recliners backs come off. They're made that way for transport. You can stack many more in a freight car or cargo van that way.
    Stay away from RV furniture. Go to your local better quality furniture stores and shop around.
    Good info from goducks and second chance. I'm replacing my couch now. Not from peeling just from "comfort" aspect. The couch was in 3 parts (only 4 screws and 4 cotter pins) and out the door it went. I gave away one of my Thomas Payne theatre seats just for more space. It was easy to pull the back up and out it and the base went to Goodwill. There is much better and more comfortable furniture out on the non RV market. Just make sure of your dimensions.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Our Reflexion is only used 4 months of the year and this is the second year. How does this company stay in business?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your Payne. I have a 2017 model that is peeling like crazy. Still trying decide what I am going to replace it with.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I simply can’t believe a company like this can stay in business and continue to produce inferior products.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They stay in business because every RV manufacturer (or damn near every one) buys their crap.

They don't care about aftermarket. It's all about supporting the manufacturer with cheap product.

Although I will say, I did buy a Thomas Payne set, before I knew of this issue, and it was really nice, very comfortable, wasn't pleather or bonded leather or whatever. It wouldn't fit in my Reflection when I upgraded so I sold it with the travel trailer. Wish I still had that furniture. It was definitely nice. And it is now discontinued.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have not had the issue with the Transcend Xolor furniture. We did replace both the couch and loeseat in a Rockwood with Southern Motion Avalon series. Made in the USA and so far worked out great. You do need to be careful with dimensions and keep in mind the slides. Local furniture store removed and disposed of the old and installed the new. Pricing was simular to Recpro internet pricing with no install and disposal so agree with going with a local furniture store.