Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21G What Changes from Year to Year

I'm looking and ready to buy a 21G. There is no inventory in the North East.

Can anyone tell me or point me to what changes in design and options if any there are between the 2019 -2020-2021 models.

If there aren't any majors differences, then I might start looking at used ones also.

Thanks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you check with Tom Schaeffer's down in PA? They show one on their site, but no pictures so it may be either sold or on order.

Huntr70 is the Sales Manager at Tom's Schaeffer's and may be able to tell you the status or track one down for you. I am also from NY and purchased my 323 from them and it was easy and painless.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip. I've been meaning to call them. I put things on the back burner for the holidays.
    Time to start up again. I figure even if I have to order one, it should be here by spring.
    I would just like to physically see the difference between the 21G & 25G before I commit.

PS- I come to Saratoga all the time. Beautiful place.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Saratoga is very nice. Hate the taxes, but by New York standards, Saratoga is one of the lowest in the state due to the horse track and the fact that there are no major cities in the county. The Adirondacks are just a 30 minute drive away and there are tons of very nice State Campgrounds, so I guess my tax money is going for something.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deeuubee View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I've been meaning to call them. I put things on the back burner for the holidays.
    Time to start up again. I figure even if I have to order one, it should be here by spring.
    I would just like to physically see the difference between the 21G & 25G before I commit.

PS- I come to Saratoga all the time. Beautiful place.
    Maybe on the timeline. I would check. I ordered a Imagine 2500RL in end of October. They are saying now March 1. That’s 16 weeks.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased one of the two Tom Schaffer had on their site. They do have one left. Ask for Fred if you call he is a great guy. The one in stock has the generator, and rear awning on it. It is a duplicate of the one we bought.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can send pics of it. When we signed for ours they had already put it in storage so we looked at the other one and took pics to send to family Also a walk around video

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbymike2000 View Post
    I can send pics of it. When we signed for ours they had already put it in storage so we looked at the other one and took pics to send to family Also a walk around video
    Thanks, I'm going to see Fred on Saturday. We've been looking at the 21G for a while.
    We just need to step into it to see if there's enough room in there for extended trips.
    Wifey and I are planning to take the M/C for a 3 month cruise across the country.

Did you already do a prep delivery inspection before storage, or will you do it before you pick it up?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are taking delivery on the 26th. I ride as well and will be taking the RV to the track to ride. I am also a professional Photographer for the MotoAmerica race series. I was using a converted transit van to carry the bike and travel to the races but the wife decided she wanted to start doing a few trips. SO sold the van and now we owne the 21g. We looked at the 25 as well but felt more comfortable with the 21g for our first RV. Only thing we didn't get that we were interested in were the 3 season doors.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In reference to buying used, there was a big upgrade to the water and power systems control center for late 2019. I purchased ours last June and our owners manual had the old control system info while the rig had the new one. Had to go on line to get information on how to winterize it. We had a choice on the 21 and 25 as both were in stock and went for the 21G due to GVR being lower. Here in Colorado we do a lot of unimproved camping (others call it Boondocking) and I did some calculations on load for my 21G for this. Empty weight + Full 100 gallon water tank + Full fuel tank + Polaris RZR + Standard off the grid camping stuff and we are at about 9600 lbs. Pretty close to our GVR of 10,000. I don't remember the 25G GVR but I recall that the 25G similarly loaded went past what I wanted to pull with my truck. Also, the sales pamphlet from GD on tongue weight is way off. With a generator, it is 1060 pounds per the purchase documents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast