User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Susie has been provided sufficient info to identify the problem. Perhaps she will reply with what was found.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhertzy View Post
    On the water issue - is it possible that the winterization valve was left open? If so, I think it would likely be the problem - especially if it was leaking under your base cabinets.
    I have the 2400BH which is the baby brother/sister to your 2800BH. I agree wtih @Rhertzy above - the winterization valve is likely open and set to draw in water from an RV antifreeze container and water is leaking from that hose.

As for the AC... I don't want this to sound like a silly question, but was the battery disconnect switch in the pass through utility center turned on? It is the red-handled 'key-like' device that disconnects your battery from the trailer to prevent discharging your battery when you're not using the trailer. You didn't mention if your lights and other electric devices were working during the time you had the trailer at the campground; if they didn't work then your disconnect switch may have been turned off.

If that isn't it then double-check the thermostat. It needs to be in "Auto Cool" mode and the temp set lower than the current air temperature to kick on the AC. Also check to see that the fan will run by turning the thermostat to Fan mode to see if the main fan is working and getting a signal from the thermostat.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions - that's what we're here for. We were all newbies once!

Bob
    Last edited by Rovers; 01-10-2021 at 09:34 AM.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The winterizing valve is behind the drawers near the water pump next to the oven. Pull out the drawers (there’s a latch that releases them) and check to see if the valve was left open. I’m thinking you may have flowed water up through the winterizing valve and suction hose. There’s a also a valve in the front compartment where the water connection is that redirects water to the tank fill instead of the water system. Other water valves you should be aware of are the hot water bypass valves that are behind the wood panel in the rear compartment where the fridge and stove are. You need one of those square drivers to remove the screws to open it. Good luck!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in posting. I have been in the process of getting help with my issues from some local repair guys. But, most of all, I want to thank all of you who posted with helpful tips. Also, I found the manual for the Imagine on the Grand Design website.

As it turns out, the water connection where I picked up the trailer in Johnson City, Texas, was filling the Fresh Water Tank. When I connected the hose at the campground, I was topping out the Fresh Water Tank instead of using the City Water Connection. Being new to the Grand Design utility hookup system, I didn't realize the lever was set for Fresh Water "Tank". At any rate, the repair guys checked the area where the water came in and saw that the connection was sound but thought it was a poor design. There are no cracks or brittle tupes where this happened. Once they drained the Fresh Water Tank, we were able to test the City Water Connection and all went well. I am using it now at an RV park in Galveston, Texas and all is good.

With regard to the A/C, it has tested out as working as well. They thought that it was possible that the pole I plugged into likely wasn't a true 30A outlet. It came on immediately after the repair guy plugged it in. So, it's a relief that all is well with it also.

Thanks again everyone!! Safe and well travels!!
    Last edited by Suzm99; 01-12-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzm99 View Post
    Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in posting. I have been in the process of getting help with my issues from some local repair guys. But, most of all, I want to thank all of you who posted with helpful tips. Also, I found the manual for the Imagine on the Grand Design website.

As it turns out, the water connection where I picked up the trailer in Johnson City, Texas, was filling the Fresh Water Tank. When I connected the hose at the campground, I was topping out the Fresh Water Tank instead of using the City Water Connection. Being new to the Grand Design utility hookup system, I didn't realize the lever was set for Fresh Water "Tank". At any rate, the repair guys checked the area where the water came in and saw that the connection was sound but thought it was a poor design. There are no cracks or brittle tupes where this happened. Once they drained the Fresh Water Tank, we were able to test the City Water Connection and all went well. I am using it now at an RV park in Galveston, Texas and all is good.

With regard to the A/C, it has tested out as working as well. They thought that it was possible that the pole I plugged into likely wasn't a true 30A outlet. It came on immediately after the repair guy plugged it in. So, it's a relief that all is well with it also.

Thanks again everyone!! Safe and well travels!!
    All’s well that ends well.

I’m confused. When you connected the hose at the campground you connected using the city water connection at the utility hook up center while the lever was set to the fresh water tank?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    All’s well that ends well.

I’m confused. When you connected the hose at the campground you connected using the city water connection at the utility hook up center while the lever was set to the fresh water tank?

Yes, that is correct. When I got the trailer to the shop, they found the fresh water tank to be completely full. They also noticed the lever was directed at "Fresh Water". That's what is confusing to me - why didn't Grand Design label it "Fresh Water Tank" instead. Who wouldn't want fresh water?

As I mentioned before, I left the lever where it was when I purchased the trailer. When I went to fasten the hose for the first time, I was confused by the wording and left it where it was. I presumed the previous owner knew what she was doing. She had a green residential type hose hooked up to the trailer when I first arrived to get it.

Thanks,
    Susie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzm99 View Post
    Yes, that is correct. When I got the trailer to the shop, they found the fresh water tank to be completely full. They also noticed the lever was directed at "Fresh Water". That's what is confusing to me - why didn't Grand Design label it "Fresh Water Tank" instead. Who wouldn't want fresh water?

As I mentioned before, I left the lever where it was when I purchased the trailer. When I went to fasten the hose for the first time, I was confused by the wording and left it where it was. I presumed the previous owner knew what she was doing. She had a green residential type hose hooked up to the trailer when I first arrived to get it.

Thanks,
    Susie
    Thanks for the clarification.

From your initial description it appeared that not much time had elapsed between when you hooked up the water, turning it on, and then went inside and saw the leak. The fresh water tank holds over 50 gals and should have taken several minutes to fill. Even then there is an overflow pipe from that tank that should have drained the excess water instead of allowing it to back up thru the pump.

Not wanting to beat a dead horse, but just having difficulty reconcilling it in my head.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.

From your initial description it appeared that not much time had elapsed between when you hooked up the water, turning it on, and then went inside and saw the leak. The fresh water tank holds over 50 gals and should have taken several minutes to fill. Even then there is an overflow pipe from that tank that should have drained the excess water instead of allowing it to back up thru the pump.

Not wanting to beat a dead horse, but just having difficulty reconcilling it in my head.

You are correct! There was minimal time between me turning on the water and walking back inside. I panicked when I saw the water on the floor immediately after walking back inside. I ran to shut off the water and came back in to mop up what was on the floor. I continued to see some seeping from under the fridge/oven area and pulled the drawers out. I have to say that the amount of water there was minimal compared to what I had feared it would be, thankfully! Outside I had seen the water flowing out of the overflow valve as well. That is why I asked the repair guy to check the valves behind the drawer to see if there were leaks. He didn't find any. He commented that he thought the design of the valves was not the best. As I mentioned before, I had unknowingly been towing my trailer with a full tank of water since day 1.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That full tank of water probably helped in retrospect with towing thru high winds. :-)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water shouldn't be a big deal. Probably a loose fitting that needs tightening. I would invest in a good water regulator to make sure you're not exceeding the pressure boundary. They're relatively inexpensive and can be had in a number of places.
    2020 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke SB
    2021 GD Solitude S 2930RL-R (trailer#5)
    Married father of 4 (3 sons 1 daughter) Two Eagle Scouts
    Navy Veteran - InfoSec Examiner/Auditor in the financial industry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123