Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little story - We have a 2020 Grand Design 2670MK TT. Bought it in July 2020, and the first thing first thing we bought was a new mattress, and had it swapped out upon delivery. The second thing I bought was new Goodyear Endurance tires - a set of five. We were about to move from WA state to Florida and being new to RV'ing I did not want the worry of China Bombs on our rig. Being a newbie, I also had a little reluctance on maneuvering the new rig. So I went to the local Les Schwab and ordered a set for a little of $1000.00! Upon getting home, I felt a little guilty spending that much for a set of five tires. I then did some homework and found I could get the same tires from online (Walmart), for a little over $700!!! I immediately called the Les Schwab dealer and told them of my finding, thinking they might price match - they did not, so I informed them I would be canceling my order in the morning and would expect a full refund. The next day I did so - I was told they would have to charge me a restock fee - even though the day before they had to call around to different suppliers to locate the tires as they did not have them in stock!!! Long story short I had the tires delivered directly to my home and had another Les Schwab dealer install them for me!! I also sold the old china boss on Offer for $200.00 to guy that wanted them for his junk trailer!! Good luck
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNevs View Post
    Ordered thanks for the site!

My pleasure.

The tough part is finding metal valve stems that work with your rims. I bought some off Amazon but they didn’t fit. Fortunately the truck tire shop that mounted mine had some that worked.

Perhaps someone here can chime in and provide a link to a metal valve that wil fit the rims.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    My pleasure.

The tough part is finding metal valve stems that work with your rims. I bought some off Amazon but they didn’t fit. Fortunately the truck tire shop that mounted mine had some that worked.

Perhaps someone here can chime in and provide a link to a metal valve that wil fit the rims.
    I think discount tire said they would mount balance snd install for $100 when I called snd that included stems but if you guys have a link where I can order that would be great.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNevs View Post
    I think discount tire said they would mount balance snd install for $100 when I called snd that included stems but if you guys have a link where I can order that would be great.

They probably quoted rubber valve stems. If you ever want to install screw on TPMS sensors on your wheels you should use metal valve stems. It’s also advisable to use metal temps when using the higher pressure you will likely run with the G-Rated tires.

Now is the time to do metal temps.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These should do the trick no?

https://www.etrailer.com/Tire-Inflat...a/AM20906.html

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    You are in for a shock if you start looking at where just about everything else in your life is made
    Well said some people just can't see that because they have their head buried in the sand !

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmreaper View Post
    Well said some people just can't see that because they have their head buried in the sand !
    Yep, I’m laying in bed typing this and looking around.

These are made overseas
    My iPad
    iPhone
    Blue jeans
    Bed
    Alarm system
    Thermostat
    Tv
    Internet router
    Bird cage
    Wall clock
    Ceiling fan
    Night stands
    Light switches
    Intercom
    Water cooler
    Dog crate
    Table lamps
    Smoke detectors

In fact the ONLY thing I see Made in USA are the recent Hurricane impact windows and door.
    Jerry & Linda

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a heads up on Simple Tire. I bought a set of car tires from them once. The price was great and they shipped in a timely manner. I was shocked, though, when I looked over the tires, because the dates were over four years old! I requested that they take them back. They were reluctant, but finally picked them and refunded my payment. I've not bought from them since, and probably won't again.
    2019 REFLECTION 29RS
    2016 RAM 3500 LONGHORN CUMMINS SRW LB CC 4X4 AISIN RVK 3600

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Yep, I’m laying in bed typing this and looking around.

These are made overseas
    My iPad
    iPhone
    Blue jeans
    Bed
    Alarm system
    Thermostat
    Tv
    Internet router
    Bird cage
    Wall clock
    Ceiling fan
    Night stands
    Light switches
    Intercom
    Water cooler
    Dog crate
    Table lamps
    Smoke detectors

In fact the ONLY thing I see Made in USA are the recent Hurricane impact windows and door.
    And, unfortunately, it is not a simple case of just choosing to buy American when virtually none of those products are being made here. And even if they were, no one would pay the price. I am the G.M. for a ball bearing sales company and I cannot source bearings made in the USA because all of the main players have moved all their production offshore. Even huge bearing companies like SKF and Barden have dozens of plants in China. Even my favorite, expensive fishing lures are made in China!
    Ayran and Paul McIntosh
    Box Elder, SD
    2020 Solitude 310GK "LaMancha"
    2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234