User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    Goducks is correct. We are talking about a trailer trailer in a travel trailer thread. Towing a trailer trailer that weighs several thousand pounds more than the tow vehicle will create an unstable setup. WDH are a nice tool but they don’t correct the imbalance or fully fix that there’s a 900-1000 load applied to the very end of the TV. Please stay on topic.
    Yes please try and stay on topic
    The op did not complain of SWAY

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NB Canada, You can be snarky all you want, Goducks provided a great answer that applied perfectly to an EXPY towing a travel trailer, except the OP has the shorter model, 122.5” WB vs 131.

Applying a 1000lb tongue load from a 30-33’ camper to a TV with a 122.5” WB will cause porpoising, rough ride and sway. Just cause he hasn’t pooped his pants yet from sway doesn’t mean that he won’t. That EXPY is in way over its head. After taking the time to look up the numbers tonight I’m guessing he’s overweight on the receiver, rear axle AND payload. The OP lives in California and hopefully abides by the 55mph limit. That keeps the sway at bay unless the winds are really bad. He needs to go to the scales and see the real numbers, not the brochure numbers. If you love Expys buy a XLT Max, higher payload, longer WB and better ride. Still not sure you’ll meet the payload or receiver rating though. Safe travels.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drive to level parking area and follow mfg installation instructions carefully. Be sure to have necessary tools and tape measure. One thing that I do is check the distance between rubber leaf spring bumper and metal bumper pad stop on axle with truck unloaded and then after truck is loaded and camper hooked up. I like to make sure that the distance is less but rubber bumper and metal bumper rest are not touching and has room for movement when going over a bump. You always want those rear tires glued to ground so to speak and front end not sticking up in the air, that is why you need tape measure to measure at wheel wells of truck. When I have camper hooked up the rear end of truck swats slightly and front end rises slightly - that way all four tires are firmly planted on ground and you have traction on rear end to back up gravel slope without rear tires spinning.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 Ram 1500 classic and a 24mpr. I had trouble with proposing on some concrete highways. I added sumo springs to my trailer and the rear of my truck. This did not completely eliminate proposing on bad road, but it did significantly reduce it. Before I had to slow down 20 miles an hour under the speed limit or the truck would beat me up and the trailer would get a beating also. Now, I can keep close to the speed limit on bad roads or slow down about 10 MPH. The situation is much improved.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123