Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: vaccination

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgerts View Post
    Our living situation is probably unique. We FT in our RV, and have domicile in TX thru EscapeesRV, but use an RV park in NM, at least for awhile still. We're currently in MX living in a condo we bought (we live here during the colder months), and we're here until beginning of May.I've not

Where would we even get the vaccine when we return? Is it being issued based on where a person's state residency is?

I've not read or heard anything about it, so that's why I'm asking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I had read that the vaccine rollout is not fed ruled, each state/county etc is setting their own rules. There was an article I read today about the vaccine in FL being given to resident and snowbirds alike on a FCFS appointment basis (made on line) seperated by focus groups of front line workers first then seniors regardless of pre exisiting conditions...the early bird in this case
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

I had read that the vaccine rollout is not fed ruled, each state/county etc is setting their own rules. There was an article I read today about the vaccine in FL being given to resident and snowbirds alike on a FCFS appointment basis (made on line) seperated by focus groups of front line workers first then seniors regardless of pre exisiting conditions...the early bird in this case
    Thanks! We are still under 65, have no underlying health issues, although husband is asthmatic. I guess I'll start researching more in April, before we head back to US.

Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgerts View Post
    Thanks! We are still under 65, have no underlying health issues, although husband is asthmatic. I guess I'll start researching more in April, before we head back to US.

That's a health issue concerning Covid. Plus the stogie.
    Wife is a RN working 12 day - 12 hour shifts.

Sepsis and pneumonia sneak in after 5 days to a week while the body fights the COVID. Patients seem to be very sick but holding steady then in an 8 to 12 hour period the lungs form blood blisters. Puss and blood fill the lungs and the patient drowns. Anyone with any past and current respiratory issues like smoking anything, or conditions like asthma are especially vulnerable regardless of age.
    Hence the ventilators.

I'm standing down and following the guidance protocols.

Ya don't want to catch this. It's a gruesome way to tap out.

Body's are backing up in hospital morgues and forming gas and blowing right through the body bags zippers. One just splattered over some RN's at my wife's hospital. Not uncommon.
    Imagine that. They are also blowing up in the morgues and in the cemetery's after burial. If you don't believe me search Lamont at Large on YouTube.
    An eye opener.

I'll spare you all the pictures.
    Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 01-07-2021 at 09:13 AM.

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

That's correct.
    In Calif as of yesterday 99% of vaccine on hand in private hospitals has been administered.
    Govt run clinics only 31% of vaccine on hand has been administered.

If you've ever been to the DMV or Post Office,, well, the same bureaucracy. I'll throw Walmart in too.

Wife got vaccinated no side effects.

Everyone stand down and stay safe.

If you play craps in Vegas strictly by the best methods - house has under a 2% advantage. That's one hell of an advantage. You get your and everyone else get your head handed to you and walk away broke.

So when they report Covid is killing just under 2%,, that's one hell of a lot. 2% is a massive advantage against you.

I digress from this thread.
    Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 01-07-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the first shot this morning go back Feb. 8 for #2 , here in this part of Fl. it's drive by shots with appt. Being 73 I got to sign up last week.
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m in Florida. Just turned 74 with several medical issues. A-Fib, asthma history, high BP etc. I can’t get on any reservation list. It’s frustrating.

Our home County, Manatee, instituted a lottery system. We got on that list but nothing yet.

We’re not home but we are at our remote cabin in the middle of Florida and I can’t even get through the phone number for the vaccine list in this county.

The VA is not vaccinating anyone under 75 so I’m on that list also hoping they open up.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DW and I were exposed last Sat. ( 1/16). We were able to get tested Fri (1/22). Received results today, yes, on a Sunday. We are both negative.
    Poor guy that exposed us came to visit after he slipped on ice at a neighbors house he was watching. Started hurting while with us and went to the emergency room. Two cracked ribs and positive for covid. He is not doing well.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    DW and I were exposed last Sat. ( 1/16). We were able to get tested Fri (1/22). Received results today, yes, on a Sunday. We are both negative.
    Poor guy that exposed us came to visit after he slipped on ice at a neighbors house he was watching. Started hurting while with us and went to the emergency room. Two cracked ribs and positive for covid. He is not doing well.
    It’s getting worse out there. We still cannot get an appt for the vaccine.

I made 3 calls one day last week for my annual check in on old friends.

The first one sounded horrible on the phone and told me he has 3rd stage pancreatic cancer.
    The second call Roma former coworker also told me gopher has cancer. He didn’t volenter what type but he sounded horrible.
    Then I called an old Air Force buddy. He told me he wasn’t feeling very well, took a shower and passed out. He “broke” his back and he laid in pain the bathtub for 4 hours waiting for his wife to return from shopping. He was tested at the hospital and found he was COVID positive and that probably was the cause of him passing out.

My Air Force buddy thought the virus was a hoax until he got it. He said he rarely wore a mask.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work as a hospitalist and admit covid patients every shift at work. Thank goodness for PPE, I'm getting pretty good at putting it on and taking it back off every time I see a covid patient. Last week our county was ranked 11th, out of the 3007 counties in the US, for rate of increase in covid patients (per capita). I still can't believe how many people I see in public without a mask on, so we must have a lot of slow learners around here. I got my first vaccination on 12/28/20, and get my second vaccination tomorrow. Not a moment too soon as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by 3TVRVr; 01-24-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I are both over 65 and live in NY. We have appointments (depending on supply) for our shots in early February.
    I'm currently enrolled in the J&J / Janssen vaccine study. Of course I don't know if I got the real vaccine or placebo. I can request to be "unblinded" to find out, at which point I have a few options. If I got the real vaccine, OK. If I got the placebo I can keep the appointment for the Pfizer shot or I can wait until J&J is granted emergency use authorization.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast