User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: vaccination

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well then, count Chris and me as "crash test dummies" cause we did the math and took the shot. Get our second on 16 February.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee7588 View Post
    Just a thought for all of those getting the shots. Some folks are calling this a vaccination. In my opinion it drug is in the testing phase, it has not been proven nor are they sure of the side effects and the people are the test subjects . My son(27) has had covid taken no meds and is OK, he is much younger than most of us. A close friend in his 50's received a vaccination and spent 2 weeks in the hospital, he came close to dying. A second close friend got covid and had a transfusion, following 2 days he felt horrible but after that was on the up swing. Covid has been here for around a year now, the drugs side effects are unknown. Please research for yourself to keep yourself safe.
    I'll take the vaccine side effects over getting COVID any day.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 01-30-2021 at 06:36 AM. Reason: fixed quoted text to remove politics

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought for all of those getting the shots. Some folks are calling this a vaccination. In my opinion it drug is in the testing phase, it has not been proven nor are they sure of the side effects and the people are the test subjects . My son(27) has had covid taken no meds and is OK, he is much younger than most of us. A close friend in his 50's received a vaccination and spent 2 weeks in the hospital, he came close to dying. A second close friend got covid and had a transfusion, following 2 days he felt horrible but after that was on the up swing. Covid has been here for around a year now, the drugs side effects are unknown. Please research for yourself to keep yourself safe.
    My sister had COVID wound up in Mayo Clinic given Rendesevere and cocktail. Left with lifetime scarring and lung issues but survived.

my friend ..got COVID....wound up in ICU 12 days...back home with continued flashbacks of symptoms

My wife a nurse in large urban hospital , full PPE since last March. Taken care of hundreds of baby and mothers with Covid. 8 dead.

She has just had second shot of Astra Zeneca vaccine and is now safe. Minor symptoms for 8 hours after second shot.
    I can’t wait till I get mine.

I’ve noticed that only those under 60 question getting the vaccine while those over know it could be a death sentence to get Covid. The issue is that unless there is a large amount ( 70- 80% for herd immunity) who get vaccinated this never goes away.

The metrics speak for themself in the US. 433,000 dead (4000/day) . Many more wounded for life
    Last edited by traveldawg; 01-30-2021 at 06:36 AM. Reason: fixed references in the quoted post
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Plastic surgeon friend died with Covid back in April. 60 years old, played tennis every day, on no medications and no medical problems. 6 days from first symptom to death.
    Our 50 year old HOA Admin got it at church. She recovered but she gave it to her 81 year old mother who died.
    I called an old Air Force buddy a few weeks ago. He passed out in the shower and "broke his back." He laid in the bathtub for 4 hours before his wife got home. When they took him to the hospital they found out he had covid which caused him to collapse.

My 65 year old healthy sister got it back in April and has had constant breathing issues ever since. They consider her a "Long Hauler."

I know of several other younger people who got it and are doing well.

My wife and I have been trying to get the vaccine without success.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 01-31-2021 at 07:39 AM. Reason: edited the original quoted text.... and removed reference to politics
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what politics have to do with covid . I'm sure most people know of someone that has tested positive for covid. But what I said was that in my opinion the drugs are still in the testing phase. There have been no long term testing that shows the side effects.
    But the side effects of the disease itself are known. Effects that appear to be long term - damaged lungs and hearts, brain fog, heart palpitations, headaches, muscle pain and more.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgerts View Post
    Our living situation is probably unique. We FT in our RV, and have domicile in TX thru EscapeesRV, but use an RV park in NM, at least for awhile still. We're currently in MX living in a condo we bought (we live here during the colder months), and we're here until beginning of May.I've not

Where would we even get the vaccine when we return? Is it being issued based on where a person's state residency is?

I've not read or heard anything about it, so that's why I'm asking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Don't know about NM, but in Texas it's my understanding that if you have residency anywhere in the state you cannot be denied getting vaccinated anywhere in Texas. The challenge is getting an appointment! Nothing is posted in advance so when you see a facility open up their appt list then you're competing against thousands for those available slots. My experience is those slots are taken withiin about 15 minutes. It's extremely maddening! Actually I'm not real clear on the residency issue, the forms ask for an address plus email, phone #, etc. All contact has been thru email.
    2020 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Diesel
    Reflection 260 RD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DW and I received our first shots yesterday. DW's arm is a bit sore and I'm tired (which is normal for me). We are both in our 70's and diabetic. Side effect of covid for us would be death. Second shot is scheduled for March 4th. Folks that do not want to be vaccinated do not seem to have much survival value
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    ...Folks that do not want to be vaccinated do not seem to have much survival value
    Not everybody is in a high risk group. For many people, the odds of dying from contracting COVID-19 are virtually zero. I'll get the vaccine when it becomes available to me this fall but I'm not worried at all about dying between now and then. I'm more worried about getting beaned by a golf ball while sitting on my porch.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Not everybody is in a high risk group.
    Agreed. I do my part to help, mask, 2 metres apart, but I'm not worried that contracting it will be a death sentence for me. By the numbers I have a better than 99% chance of survival.
    But the constant news coverage gets some people more concerned than probably warranted.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new risk they are predicting is people refusing vaccine, contracting the virus and spreading it with the potential to have it mutate and vaccines becoming ineffective. Who knows what new strains can do.

I was able to secure an appt for me at pharmacy 1-1/2 hours from home for next Thursday. My wife will come with me and hopefully there will be a cancellation and she can get a shot also.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast