Thread: vaccination

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by RV
    In this case the strongest who survive will be the ones vaccinated. The ones who chose to protect each other. The ones who joined together to defeat the scourge.
    Uh. Dude...you do realize that 99.7 percent of these people who get sick dont die right? It’s not like it’s going to wipe everyone off the planet who hasn’t gotten your precious vaccine. Man, you really need to stop watching the television.

If I was on some other sites, I would think you were just a troll trying to start a fight. But you clearly have offered info up on other posts that some would find valuable. What’s really happening here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    So in the old days if you were a threat to those living in the fort.....you were kicked out. You didn’t have rights to protest, you either complied or were told to leave, if you are a threat to public Heath because you fail to conform to protection protocols you should be thrown out.

I think those who refuse to follow protocols which protect the collective like a vaccine, should have to sign a waiver and be refused care should they contact the disease. In addition they should be segregated from the rest of the population to prevent spread. They should be refused entry to public areas, stores, gas stations etc. it’s kind of the reverse leper colony analogy.

I grow tired of the pontificating the fake news and conspiracy theories . The internet is full of made up cut and paste experts. Send them away to live on their own and not to enjoy the benefits of the collective. No one here appears to be a health care expert, just a cut and paste expert.
    Interesting approach. Just so we’re clear, you’re advocating for quarantine of those who are infectious, correct? That sounds reasonable as it has been standard medical protocol for many years because it is effective. Or perhaps you mean remove those healthy, aka asymptomatic, individuals who are not vaccinated because they failed to conform to “protection protocols”? Are they a threat to public health? If so, how? Please cite a peer reviewed medical journal article that confirms asymptomatic spread. Don’t worry if you don’t have direct access to all medical journals. I do, so you can just cite the abstract and I’ll link the entire article here so everyone can read it. (I don’t know if that makes me a cut and paste expert, but I’m willing to risk it.)

While you’re at it, please also cite where in the Pfizer and Moderna SARS-CoV-2 vaccine clinical trial protocols protection from infection, aka prevention of transmission, is being evaluated. You can find the entire protocols at clinicaltrials.gov. I’d also be very interested to read in those same protocols about how Pfizer and Moderna are evaluating vaccination effects on mortality. I can save you some time since I’ve actually read all of the protocols - you won’t find anything. I suspect you won’t believe me, but I also suspect you won’t actually take the time to search yourself because what you will find, or more appropriately, not find, will be counter to your beliefs.

I’ve also reviewed the efficacy claims made by Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca and now JNJ. Those vaccine efficacy numbers are real in that they can be calculated from the data that has been released via press releases (interestingly though, the data haven’t been published in a peer reviewed journal), but unfortunately, the data cannot be extrapolated to a population at risk. If you’d like to have an understanding of actual real-world risk reduction, read Peter Doshi’s article in that conspiracy rag, The British Medical Journal. Ordinarily I’d cut and paste it here, but that would just make me a conspiracy theorist or cut and paste expert, or gasp, both. Again, I’m just a pathologist with years of experience in evaluating preclinical and clinical safety data, so please disregard everything I say.

A couple of last thoughts, did you know that the safety arms of the Pfizer vax trials wont be complete until Dec 2022 with Moderna’s ending in early 2023? I’m sure there is nothing to worry about though given that these clinical trials are of a cross-over design in which those participants who received the placebo have the option to receive the vaccine at 6 mo into the study which then eliminates a sufficiently powered control group against which comparisons of side effects would ordinarily have been made. And don’t worry, a succesful mRNA vaccine has never been developed or approved before. Oh, and don’t concern yourself with the fact the safety and efficacy studies in animals normally required by the FDA were skipped for these vaccines. It’s all conspiracy theory anyway. I mean even that den of conspiracy theorists Moderna warned of the potential side effects of mRNA vaccines and lack of efficacy in their corporate prospectus.

So, yeah! Throw ‘em out! Damn lepers. Facts be damned.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vaccination

It appears that the site monitors may need to consider banishment for some for violation of site rules!

Also see little connection to this issue and the GD RV forum.
    Last edited by Chewwi; 02-25-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    It appears that the site monitors may need to consider banishment for some for violation of site rules!

Also see little connection to this issue and the GD RV forum.
    While I agree that the site moderators need to do something, I'll point out this part of the forum was set up specifically for COVID related discussions (discussions, not political rants and lecturing).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We both just got 1st Moderna shots about 2 weeks ago.

My sister is suffering going on 5 months now with Long Hauler symptoms. Her life is a mess.

My 60 year old Plastic Surgeon friend died 6 days after being diagnosed. He was a 60 year old healthy guy with no medical issues, played tennis 7 days a week.

Our HOA clerk caught it at church and gave it to her mother who didn’t survive.

That’s why we are afraid and had no reluctance to get vaccinated. Masks, social distancing and hand washing for us.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    2.5 million people aren't laughing.......or breathing anymore.

It should be of some concern
    People die. Fact of life

Where is the total global death count compared to other years?

Compare to 2018

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 02-26-2021 at 03:31 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closing the thread. Personally I don't read posts in this particular forum. This one has been reported and after reading it I see that there are quite a few rude posts lately and attacks on others (against forum rules), some picking on folks, and just a lot of generally nasty comments. I don't know why? We try to keep a civil forum and some folks just keep pushing the boundaries - no one in particular - just in general in a lot of posts in this thread.

Sorry for closing the thread. It all started out so nice - civil, informative, etc.... then it just degraded.....

When going through it I did view the video (Dark Sunglasses....).... cute. Thanks to that poster - I raised a chuckle.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 02-26-2021 at 06:30 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789