User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: vaccination

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now LA county is saying they are no longer going to give 1st dose shots. They're reserving their vaccine for 2d shots.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I'm in the last (least important) group so I doubt if a vaccine will be offered to me until next fall.
    Nope not least important at all
    Just least likely to die if you get it.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife got a positive result 12/27 in Amarillo while we were headed to Colorado from central Texas. We got lucky (?) and found a vaccination site so our 70+ year old neighbors and I got in on 1/2. We are all 1B. 1/6 I had a positive test. Of course I had been exposed for 10 days prior. We were fortunate that both of us had mild to moderate cases. No respiratory issues. I had a headache and fever for 14 days , and a rash on my torso for 3-4 weeks. Wife still has no taste or smell.Got my second shot yesterday. This morning - headache and fever. Ugh. At least , hopefully, I’ll have some good antibodies soon. Next step will probably be donating plasma for those with more severe cases.
    Please stay safe.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings to all those who have been given your first shot and congratulations to you! For all of you and those thinking about your first Phizer or Moderna shot, I can recommend some reading for you to understand the effectiveness beyond your nurse. Please read the reports on New England Journal of Medicine for each shot. Each vaccine has an individual report. Do not worry if you are NOT a medical professional. If you can read the graph on the middle of the page on the right hand side, YOU will understand your protection timing. Far more useful than our collectively useless media. Make up your mind from the source.

All the best and stay safe until this is over. RV is social distancing at a professional level if you choose to do it that way.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To each his own but I can tell you COVID is not a hoax.

We are living in the RV while our house is being rebuilt from the tornados last March. I went out 3 times between the 26th of December and the 7th of January while wearing a mask and using the antibacterial hand wash. I still caught it and was hospitalized for a week. I have been at home and on oxygen for 4 weeks.

I tested positive and went to the emergency room because of difficulty breathing. They got my oxygen level from 85% to 96% and sent me home with me objecting. During the night my oxygen level fell to 72% and I didn't think I would make it. Called the doctor the morning and my wife drove me to the hospital where I was admitted.

I had COVID, pneumonia, and blood clots in both lungs by that time.

I definitely would have taken the vaccine but at 61 I couldn't get it even with Type 1 diabetes, emphysema, COPD, and congestive heart failure. I fall in the high risk group but was down line for the shot and that was okay with me as I know the older group and health care workers needed it first.

Thank God my wife and daughter did not get COVID even though we are living in such cramped quarters for 3 people.

If you are high risk you should get the shot.

My older daughter is a school teacher and got COVID, not from me, but got over it. She stays tired even after 3 weeks.

Hope this helps someone make up their mind. My doctor says I will probably be on oxygen for another 5 to 6 weeks.
    2020 Solitude 310GKR
    2003 F350 PSD

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    The new risk they are predicting is people refusing vaccine, contracting the virus and spreading it with the potential to have it mutate and vaccines becoming ineffective. Who knows what new strains can do.

I was able to secure an appt for me at pharmacy 1-1/2 hours from home for next Thursday. My wife will come with me and hopefully there will be a cancellation and she can get a shot also.
    The Pfizer covers all the current emerging strains of the Covid.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After trying to get vaccine for months this is what happened this week

This week I was able to schedule a Moderna vaccine at a Publix supermarket 1-1/2 hours from our cabin this Thursday. So we drove to the cabin ready to drive the 1-1/2 hours.

Then the VA called me and said they can vaccinate me this Sunday at local Outpatient clinic. So I scheduled that for me and called Publix and had them change my Thursday appointment to my wife.

Then yesterday Walmart opened up vaccine 30 minutes from the cabin and I was able to schedule 2 appointments for us so I cancelled the Publix and VA appointments.

Then today I got a call from State health department offering us vaccines. I told them thanks but I don’t need it at this point.

Unbelievable.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 02-10-2021 at 06:44 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This week I was able to schedule a Moderna vaccine at a Publix supermarket 1-1/2 hours from our cabin this Thursday. So we drove to the cabin ready to drive the 1-1/2 hours.

Then the VA called me and said they can vaccinate me this Sunday at local Outpatient clinic. So I scheduled that for me and called Publix and had them change my Thursday appointment to my wife.

Then yesterday Walmart opened up vaccine 30 minutes from the cabin and I was able to schedule 2 appointments for us so I cancelled the Publix and VA appointments.

Then today I got a call from State health department offering us vaccines. I told them thanks but I don’t need it at this point.

Unbelievable.
    At this point I'd say that is a high quality problem that I wish I had. Expansion for 65+ and/or debilitating conditions has been slow. I got notice from the county health board that they were up to scheduling scheduling persons the day before I registered. I'd say I'm still a month out.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievable.
    When it rains it pours ! I think FL has done quite a good job rolling the vaccine out with exception of a few bumps. I'm sure those who couldn't get through don't think so.
    Is that the VA clinic at 64/ Morgan Johnson? The Bill Young/Bay Pines has started and Gary is on the list there.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    When it rains it pours ! I think FL has done quite a good job rolling the vaccine out with exception of a few bumps. I'm sure those who couldn't get through don't think so.
    Is that the VA clinic at 64/ Morgan Johnson? The Bill Young/Bay Pines has started and Gary is on the list there.
    Mary,

Yes, it’s the one on SR64. I just cancelled my Sunday appt at 10 am. If you call them you could possibly book Gary there. 941-721-0649.

I was originally booked at Bay Pines and went to SR64 Clinic to confirm. That’s when the clerk at the clinic told me they are starting to give shots at the clinic and asked if she wanted me to cancel the Bay Pines appt and get shot at the SR64 clinic.

They just started weekend shots there.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 02-11-2021 at 07:43 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast